GYT-R Decomp Lever

1 reply to this topic
  • scottzx7rr

Posted November 07, 2001 - 02:29 PM

I got my thumb activated lever set-up today and was a little shocked at it. I assumed for the 70 dollar price tag would come with everything needed for the kit. But it requires that you use the pivot screw for the original lever.

Maybe I am a little cranky today but I would figure that you would get that included in the kit for that price.

But I do like the feel of it on the bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted November 07, 2001 - 03:41 PM

I agree, that is a little insulting considering you (and me) paid seventy bucks for a few dollars of aluminum and maybe ten bucks of machine work. You also have to put a “stop” at the other end of the cable on the head. They do give you that.

But now that we are talking about a sunk cost :) I think you will like it. I like mine and have made a zillion posts to that effect, especially with regards to bump starting. As in it makes it much, much easier, especially if things are tight. I have routinely gotten my bike to relight in unlikely situations, like first gear, in sand, after brake-stalling it. I’ve had one for about 18 months, my automatic reaction when I stall it, which I don’t do as often as I used to (progress), is to flick my thumb over the lever. Hence the first gear restart, which I’ve done on more than one occasion, and which would be much tougher if not impossible with the stock lever, IMO.

But seventy bucks is a lot of jack for such a simple part.

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.