2012 wr450 vs 2009 yz450?

2 replies to this topic
  • nolo263

Posted February 11, 2013 - 05:20 PM

I have a question for those who have possibly owned both. I am waiting for my 2012 wr450f to arrive. Recently i have been riding my buddies 09 yz450. His bike is awesome with tons of power. Will the 2012 wr450 feel like that fully uncorked with full exhaust and with the correct map?? His bike will wheelie on command in first three gears. 1st and 2nd will wheelie on pure power. I am hoping i will not be dissapointed after riding his.
Thks

Ps i also asked this in the wr forum but it takes a while to get answers. Sorry for double post.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sergey

Posted February 11, 2013 - 06:34 PM

Had both bikes. As well as 2008 wr450. All wr's (once properly uncorked) run pretty close to yz's but have smoother torq and power curves as well as response due to different timing and flywheel weight. You can always tune WR engine close to YZ spec by throwing in some HotCams. WR is also a heavier bike so that affects acceleration and power wheelies. For the moment I have a smooth mapped 2011 yz450, and even with heavier offroad flywheel it is a bitch when you ride it slow as the trottle is extremely jerky. I feel this lack of smothenes every time when I go technical on yz, but the only time I feel lack of WR power is going up long steep sand hills. By the way you don't need full exhaust for 2012 WR as stock header is already smth like fmf powerbomb so you just need a slip-on and mapping.

• nolo263

Posted February 11, 2013 - 07:04 PM

Thks brother the assbag salesman told me it needed full exhaust and ordered it for me. It is already paid for so i am screwed on that.
Thks again for the response

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.