Replacement radiator

6 replies to this topic
  • Gnurf

Posted November 24, 2003 - 09:15 AM

Hi.

Looking for a replacement radiator, left side without cap,
since mine unfortunally took all the impact in a small crash and now is totally wrecked
Asked around and it seems as there is only original parts to buy here in Sweden, at humongous prices..
8% of what a new bike costs!! For one side alone!!! *hmpf*

Askin you if you can tell me some website or something where I mayby can buy one at lower price..

My bike is a yamaha WR 426 -01 swedish model.. (If there is any difference..?)

• 426Woodsguy

Posted November 24, 2003 - 09:46 AM

You might look into having it fixed. Over here there is a few companies that fix them good as new for about 1/4 the price of a new one. :)

• dez4ever

Posted November 24, 2003 - 10:47 AM

I had one fixed at this place that I thought was a total loss, they do great work at great prices compared to buying new.
Mylers
8414 S. McDowell Ct.
West Jordan, Utah 84088
1-800-367-7699

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426Woodsguy

Posted November 24, 2003 - 11:11 AM

There is a guy selling one in the Parts and Acc. forum right now. :)

• Gnurf

Posted November 24, 2003 - 01:31 PM

Thanks guys.. :)

• rohar

Posted November 24, 2003 - 07:29 PM

Definitely send it to Mylers! Terry's a great guy and fixes some radiators you would have thought were trashed. I dumped mine once and it was twisted, jacked, bent, and smashed. 50$ bucks later and Terry had it looking/working almost like new.

• jasowiii

Posted November 24, 2003 - 09:00 PM

I've fixed mine a couple of times myself. I use alsolder 500 a tin/zinc alloy that melts @ 500 degrees F.(www.jwharris.com). It comes with a special flux, the trick is to clean it real well and get the base metal hot enough to melt the rod, don't heat the rod! A propaane torch will do fine. If you spend a little time straightening the fins between the water jackets it will work fine.

Jimmy :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.