2012 WR450 IMS fuel tank

Yamaha WR450F 2012 Body Gas Tanks & Accessories IMS Large Capacity Gas Tank

30 replies to this topic
  • rcfallen

Posted January 30, 2016 - 10:09 AM

Just bought an IMS fuel tank. I was a little thrown off by the color, mine is like a piss yellow. From there website, it seems to look white like a newer KTM tank. Does anyone's look white like that, or are they are all have that tint of yellow?

• Texas2Smoker

Posted January 30, 2016 - 11:26 AM

Mine's pretty yellow, most are. KTM uses an inferior plastic compound to get theirs whiter, no surprises there. Yellow= high quality gasoline storage.

• Eric@ScottsPerformance

Posted February 01, 2016 - 04:17 PM

Just bought an IMS fuel tank. I was a little thrown off by the color, mine is like a piss yellow. From there website, it seems to look white like a newer KTM tank. Does anyone's look white like that, or are they are all have that tint of yellow?

IMS started having problems with the original Natural color and todays blends of gas so the new tank are called Natural 2 and have some slight yellowish tint but don't have the problems anymore.

• Frostbite

Posted February 07, 2016 - 11:14 AM

I put a 4 gallon tank on my 2012, must have bumped or pinched something, no spark now. Any ideas?

• AZ Dezert Dog

Posted February 08, 2016 - 08:23 AM

I just installed an IMS 3 gallon on my 2014. Went fairly easily making the usual tweaks mentioned elsewhere. It DOES work with the UNABIKER radiator guards which is why I chose the IMS 3 gallon over the Clarke 4 gallon. Two rides on it. Worked well no issues. I am thinking I should see a 70 mile range now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Texas2Smoker

Posted February 08, 2016 - 09:05 AM

I just installed an IMS 3 gallon on my 2014. Went fairly easily making the usual tweaks mentioned elsewhere. It DOES work with the UNABIKER radiator guards which is why I chose the IMS 3 gallon over the Clarke 4 gallon. Two rides on it. Worked well no issues. I am thinking I should see a 70 mile range now.

Same.. Plus the Clarke makes the bike ugly as it eliminates the shrouds. I usually don't care about looks and it's about function over form for me, but I just couldn't get past that haha.

• AKmud

Posted February 12, 2016 - 03:14 PM

I have the Clarke 3.6 on my '08 450. It went on as easy as the stocker.  No problems whatsoever other than extending my fuel line to get the routing nice and clean.

image_zps7a5479d7.jpg

• offrd beatr

Posted February 14, 2016 - 06:32 AM

I have the Clarke 3.6 on my '08 450. It went on as easy as the stocker. No problems whatsoever other than extending my fuel line to get the routing nice and clean.

image_zps7a5479d7.jpg

Different bike and tank. 2012 through 2015 are efi. I have a black IMS and Unabiker guards as well. Haven't seen the low fuel light since the swap. Light would come on around 30 miles on the stocker.

• SH2424

Posted February 18, 2016 - 04:57 PM

I have the Clarke 3.6 on my '08 450. It went on as easy as the stocker. No problems whatsoever other than extending my fuel line to get the routing nice and clean.

image_zps7a5479d7.jpg

What exhaust are you running on your wr? Shorty yz muffler?

• AKmud

Posted March 03, 2016 - 09:17 AM

What exhaust are you running on your wr? Shorty yz muffler?

It's something stock, nothing special.  It was on the bike when I bought it. No markings on it.

• 450crazy

Posted March 31, 2016 - 06:28 AM

Put the 3gal IMS black tank on my 2015 and love it. It drinks fuel fast.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.