WR versus YZ400 front suspension

No replies to this topic
  • Phat Twin

Posted February 09, 2013 - 08:07 AM

Bought a used 99 WR400 in good condition. Ripping it down and fixing/replacing what needs to be done. I've taken the front and rear shocks off and I am cleaning the bike up well. I am going to have to buy new front and rear springs to set the bike up properly for my height weight (6'5", 235).

1. Would it be better to use the WR forks or purchase a used set of YZ front shocks to increase performance and adjustability? Are they both the same with different internals or are they completely different 46mm forks all together? The same question applies to the rear suspension as well.
2. Are the rear swing arms from both the 99 WR/YZ the same? I am guessing that they are.

Thanks for you help everyone!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.