Need to add a switch to headlights, what do you guys use ?

2 replies to this topic
  • still2smokin

Posted February 08, 2013 - 04:20 PM

So I just got my Ricky Stator H.O. stator and the instructions say I now have to wire
my lights to the battery with a switch....no big deal but, Ideally I would like 1 switch
on the bars Like OFF--RUN--RUN+LIGHTS and maybe another position for RUN+highbeam.

Yeah I could just mount a toggle or rocker switch but the less " Cheezy " the better.

What do you guys use as a switch for your lights/ignition/accy/starter ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krimble

Posted February 08, 2013 - 06:29 PM

So I just got my Ricky Stator H.O. stator and the instructions say I now have to wire
my lights to the battery with a switch....no big deal but, Ideally I would like 1 switch
on the bars Like OFF--RUN--RUN+LIGHTS and maybe another position for RUN+highbeam.

Yeah I could just mount a toggle or rocker switch but the less " Cheezy " the better.

What do you guys use as a switch for your lights/ignition/accy/starter ?

Maybe look into street bike switches? I'm installing a r6 starter/killswitch on mine, way cleaner than the stock.

• tomerb

Posted February 08, 2013 - 09:00 PM

Here's my old switch, I have since changed it to a sand sealed three position switch so I have High/off /Low.

Attached Thumbnails

• 450 X Head light 001.jpg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.