Yz426f

4 replies to this topic
  • Doodlebug678

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:07 AM

i went to ride the other day and I took off on my bike and I hit second gear and there was a clanging sound kinda like a bell but not as loud as a bell I guess anyway the motor locked up just wondering if any one knows what it could be piston arm,piston or what thanks

• etuke

Posted February 07, 2013 - 02:29 PM

shattered piston,dropped valve or big end siezure would be my guess but also could be in the tranny.You need to strip it down to be sure what actually happened.

Edited by etuke, February 07, 2013 - 02:29 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • marv02

Posted February 07, 2013 - 05:34 PM

You will have to tear in to the motor to see what went wrong I would start by pulling the head and cross your fingers.
I have a trans if you need one for a killer deal

Edited by marv02, February 07, 2013 - 06:37 PM.

• Doodlebug678

Posted February 08, 2013 - 11:23 AM

Ok thanks guys

• KTM_Pat

Posted February 08, 2013 - 11:25 AM

Give us some pics of the tear down/open engine.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.