YZ450 --> WR450 frame swap!

2 replies to this topic
  • mstangsteve

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:33 AM

Could I swap my 03' yamaha yz450f frame with a 05' yamaha wr450 frame?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:59 AM

Most things will fit from one to the other, but some stuff won't. If you use the YZ sub frame, things will go easier, but you'll still see things like the skid plate and some other odd stuff like bosses for mounting electrical components that will be in different places.

What are you planning to do here?

• mstangsteve

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:20 AM

No issues with the YZ. My friends buddy has this WR frame with title and I wouldn't mind swapping over everything and driving it on the road once in a while. My Yz has the four speed trans and I was concerned with critical engine mounts being in the wrong spots.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.