Flap in airbox goes where?

4 replies to this topic
  • Sanch

Posted November 06, 2001 - 03:09 PM

I was changing the airfilter on my '99 400F for the first time, when I found this "flap" laying in the bottom of the airbox. It's a plastic/vinyl flap that's not a rectangle, but is about 6" long and 4" wide. It also has two slotted holes like it should wrap around something. I cleaned everything and I can't see where it's supposed to live. It also looks like there is supposed to be a top as there are two screw holes and on the other end of the opening there are some holes where it looks like some tabs would grab onto. I thought this was a pretty straight forward thing, but now I'm kinda nervous about starting it...

• bobwaye

Posted November 06, 2001 - 03:16 PM

I got the same thing in a plastic bag attached to my owners manual, and I was wondering the same thing. Let me know if your bike blows up!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SMP

Posted November 06, 2001 - 03:42 PM

The flap goes infront of the airbox, just behind the tank, the tabs go around the subframe rails. It is used as a to deflect debris away from the airbox opening (sand/mud).

• Sanch

Posted November 06, 2001 - 04:57 PM

Excellent! Fits like a champ, now that I know where it's supposed to go...many thanks!

This board, and it's members, are great. A source of knowledge I'm glad I stumbled upon...

• Sanch

Posted November 06, 2001 - 04:58 PM

Excellent! Fits like a champ, now that I know where it's supposed to go...many thanks!

This board, and it's members, are great. A source of knowledge I'm glad I stumbled upon...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.