Cam Questions

No replies to this topic
  • crash279

Posted February 06, 2013 - 09:43 AM

I have a YZ450 exhaust hotcam installed in my '09 WR450. Something is not quite right with it though. It doesn't like to idle and if I back off the throttle it sounds like I'm hitting the rev limiter. I have installed quite a few YZ exhaust cams in various WR's and this is the only one that does this. I know that the jetting and the rest of the bike is dialed in.

I like the power delivery of the cam. Very little bottom end hit with great mid to top end power. I know that the '08-09 YZ450 exhaust cams are similar in power delivery. I have always had great luck with the OEM Yamaha cams so should I be considering swapping to one of those or am I missing something with the Hotcam?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.