YZ450f 2004 motor into 2007 frame.

3 replies to this topic
  • Zacmtm

Posted February 06, 2013 - 03:55 AM

Hello good people. This is my first post here. I have a completely blown 2007 yz450f the motor is out of my budget to fix. I have found a 2004 motor at the right price and need to know if I will have any dramas fitting it. I had a bad experience with a wr and differences between years and did my dough on it. Just trying to avoid heartache on this project. Can anybody offer any guidance?
Thanks in advance.

• KJ790

Posted February 06, 2013 - 07:03 AM

The engine was completely redesigned when they went to an aluminum frame. I'm sure with some custom fabing you could make it fit, but if you are looking to just drop it in and bolt it down, it will not be that simple or that cheap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted February 09, 2013 - 10:02 AM

I cant tell you much about fitment off the top of my head, but I could post pictures of my 05 and 08 in their frames and where they mount. I can imagine the upper engine mounts will be very different.

• Geoffit

Posted February 09, 2013 - 01:03 PM

Well the deal is the rear and bottom mounts line right up. I think if you use the front and top mounts from a alloy 250 every thing will line up close. a big issue is the oiling system the 05 had an external tank ( the frame) the 07 internal. here again digging into the 250 parts bin you can use the oil tank and lines from a alloy 250 ( you might need to add tabs to the frame) or the dubach wetsump kit will work on the 03-05 450's as well. the pipe is an issue the angle of the cylinder is not the same but now that your going to be a fabricator this is workable. In this e-bay age I find it hard to imagine that you cant find the parts to fix your 07 at a fair price considering the 05 motor is worth cash to put towards it?

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.