White vs black plastic ..... Opinions

11 replies to this topic
  • Tevonini

Posted February 05, 2013 - 08:44 PM

Hey guys, or girls.... I'm re doing my whole yz426 and I either want white or black plastics, what are your opinions, what ones show scratches worse and so on thanks

• Sheebanman57

Posted February 05, 2013 - 09:12 PM

I recently just put all new plastics on my bike, and i went with white. Scratches seem to really make black plastic roachy looking fast, plus with white if you crash you don't get white spots on your fenders! :ride: I'd show you pic, but i can't remember how to do that with photo bucket

• FinchFan194

Posted February 05, 2013 - 09:47 PM

I recently just put all new plastics on my bike, and i went with white. Scratches seem to really make black plastic roachy looking fast, plus with white if you crash you don't get white spots on your fenders! :ride: I'd show you pic, but i can't remember how to do that with photo bucket

Heat gun gets rid of the creases in the blue at least.

I dig white, my bike is currently back to blue, but I am about to order new stuff in all white.

• DMC707

Posted February 05, 2013 - 10:01 PM

White. Unless you are Larry Linkogle or Clifford Adoptante, then do wat u want

• mordav

Posted February 05, 2013 - 10:30 PM

White...it's more scratch resistant, more visible + i think it fits the yz better ;)

• SparksXR426

Posted February 06, 2013 - 06:15 AM

White. You'll have to work harder to keep it clean though. I dont mind. Ive always been surprised at the places you'll get scuff marks from your boots, I didnt realize legs would bend the ways they do.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • marv02

Posted February 06, 2013 - 06:46 AM

White I wanted Yellow but I had a hard time finding the plastic's for yellow so I went white again.

I had A White Yamaha back in the 80's birngs back the old days,

Black shows everythings.

Posted Image

• cowboyona426

Posted February 06, 2013 - 12:36 PM

White. Unless you are Larry Linkogle or Clifford Adoptante, then do wat u want

Man, there's 2 names I haven't heard in probably 15 years or more!

• marv02

Posted February 07, 2013 - 05:57 AM

Clifford Adoptante have you read his story what happen to him it screwed up no one perfect give the guy anouther chance not saying it his fault just wrong place at the right time.

Man, there's 2 names I haven't heard in probably 15 years or more!

• cowboyona426

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:20 AM

Clifford Adoptante have you read his story what happen to him it screwed up no one perfect give the guy anouther chance not saying it his fault just wrong place at the right time.

I wondered what happened to him. Saw him live in 00 and never really heard much about him again, glad to here he's on the straight and narrow and hopefully we will see more of him soon.

• DMC707

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:26 AM

I wondered what happened to him. Saw him live in 00 and never really heard much about him again, glad to here he's on the straight and narrow and hopefully we will see more of him soon.

Clifford and I are from the same home track back in Oklahoma, I was familiar with his story and not really that surprised, ---- I was mainly referencing the old freestyle guys in reference to the black plastic the OP was considering running, seems that was a popular deal with the freestyler's way back then.

I thought for a while Linkogle was still milking out his connections with the metal militia crew and was doing some things with off-road trucks but who knows. I would bet half of those guys don't have a thin dime left of the money they made about 10-12 years ago

• YamaLink

Posted February 08, 2013 - 02:25 PM

I'd go for white instead of black, but my favorite is black mixed with some oem blue.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.