Thunder Alley or Valley Exhaust!

18 replies to this topic
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted November 06, 2001 - 11:27 AM

I demoed one of those Thunder Alley or Valley exhaust systems on my 2000 426 on Saturday (11-3) out at Elsinore. Holy crap what a pipe! I want one, wish I woulda had my check book!! But I lost the guys card! Did anybody else out there try one? If ya did, did you get a phone number for the guy? That pipe was so much better than my T-4 white bros. pipe I couldnt hardly believe it. I just about looped it out in 3rd gear! Awesome just awesome. If you can help me with a number for that guy Id buy ya a beer. :)

• sirhk

Posted November 06, 2001 - 02:05 PM

Yeah, I tried one of those Thunder Alley pipes at Elsinore probably 2 months ago and my reaction was teh same "HOLY CRAP" I also just about looped out pulling away from his motorhome. Once I get the spare $350 I'll be getting one of them also. By far the best system I've seen. Can't beat $350 for a pipe and muffler.

Bob Murray
1010 E. Lacey Blvd.
Hanford, CA. 93230
(559)584-8109
(559)921-3956 Pager

That's all the info from his card so that should do you!!

• mikeolichney

Posted November 06, 2001 - 02:14 PM

Better than the DrD?

• sirhk

Posted November 06, 2001 - 02:21 PM

I don't have any experience with the DrD setup but my friends there both tried it. One had a Arrow exhaust system and the other had the carbon fiber White Bros (I think, I know it was carbon fiber) and they both were blown away by that Thunder Alley exhaust. Mine is a stock system and I'm honestly not exagerating when I seriously almost looped out when I twisted the throttle in 2nd or 3rd (I don't remember which) cause I wasn't expecting nearly the increase in power!! I've seen the guy set up at the Elsinore track a couple times so if you ride there definately try it out. He bolts it on for you, lets you spin some laps, then puts yours back on. then you leave wishing you had the cash on you then!!

• Bob_Heald

Posted November 07, 2001 - 02:09 AM

Hows the noise level with this system? Is it much louder than stock?

• sirhk

Posted November 07, 2001 - 07:12 AM

Yeah, it's louder then my stock YZ exhaust and if I remember right it sounded comparable to the carbon fiber setup that my friend is running. Hopefully Shawn MC can describe it better cause like I said I tested it on my bike a while ago. One thing that was cool is that it didn't seem to make much difference on my jetting from the stock pipe but then again my jetting was all screwed up then also!!

• Shawn_Mc

Posted November 07, 2001 - 08:20 AM

Its not really any louder than my T-4 White Bros. pipe. I really like the sound alot too. It doesn't sound like a straight pipe. Its got sort of a howl to it. Thanks for the number, Im having one sent overnight to me, see ya at Elsinore on Sat!

sirhk swing by the red 4x4 Dodge with the aluminum diamond plate bed rails over by the tower near the big track on sat. There will be a cold one waiting for ya.

• sirhk

Posted November 07, 2001 - 09:01 AM

It turns out that I probably won't be able to make it this weekend. I just bought a new/used trailer yesterday that I need to do some work to before I haul my bike around in it. Also I've got some big expenses coming up (auto insurance/auto maintenance stuff) that I'm litterally pinching pennys for and with Thanksgiving and Glamis coming up I'm going to be counting on that $15 for the track fee. If I can make it though I'll definately look for you. I'm thinking there are a ton of us TT that ride the track, we should try to have a TT day there. Maybe the 2nd weekend in December or something?

BTW, I also agree on the sound of the exhaust. It sold the muffler itself cause it sounded so good!!!!

• sirhk

Posted November 07, 2001 - 09:12 AM

Shawn,

Where do you normally ride? I mostly go to Ocotillo Wells. We should hook up and hit up the desert since temps are good. If you read that post about the GFI track that I started (which I'm assuming you did since you knew I was hoping to be there Sat.) you should try to meet up with us out there that weekend. I know as far as I go we ride during the day and drink at night. It's always fun **** !!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RetroThumper

Posted November 07, 2001 - 11:00 AM

Any contact information for Thunder Alley???

• sirhk

Posted November 07, 2001 - 11:14 AM

It's on my first reply to the post on top. It's that Bob Murray guy. He's the owner and builder I think. By the way, I'll comment on the construction too. They thing looks just as good as any other production system. He also said he's got a spark arrestor for it. Also, just to let you know, I'm not affiliated with the guy at all. I just tried out the system on my bike and was VERY impressed. The owner seemed really cool and seemed like he would stand behind his product. I will definately get one if I do end up buying an exhaust for my ride.

• Mxer303

Posted November 07, 2001 - 03:41 PM

What difference does it make in the power? How does it compare to the other aftermarktet pipes?

• luvmythumper

Posted November 08, 2001 - 06:29 AM

Has anyone tried this set-up and the DRD set-up. I was getting ready to spring for the DRD, but now I am wondering. Is this set-up spark arrested?

• sirhk

Posted November 08, 2001 - 07:02 AM

I felt a great increase through out the range on my bike with stock. My friend with the Arrow said it was better then his through out also. As for the spark arrestor, he said he had one for it but I don't think it is actually a stamped and federally approved arrestor. It will pass the coat hanger test though. Give the guy a call and talk with him. I think he'll give you an honest opinion. Anyone that's in Cal. should call him and see if he plans on Demoing it at a local track in your area.

• FASTFRANK

Posted November 09, 2001 - 04:32 AM

Hey guys, I hear you talking about this system and it sounds like it really rips, i have a 01 426 and wondering about jetting changes etc etc. Does this guy have a website by chance for pics and info on this system. I am on the east coast in VA so I doubt he will be demoing it in my area any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ride till you Die!! :)

• sirhk

Posted November 09, 2001 - 05:47 AM

My suggestion would be to call him. The guy seems honest and down to earth. A majority of his info is based of people like me that demo the exhaust and give him feed back on the performance and stuff. I've got his buisness card and don't see any webpage. I'd call him and talk with him. When I tried it on my YZ400 I wasn't jetted correctly to begin with but the only difference I could tell putting the exhaust on was that my low end throttle Pilot circuit richened up cause my popping on deceleration was less. Like I said though, call him.

• brain

Posted November 09, 2001 - 11:18 AM

HAY GUYS I HEARD ABOUT THE TUNDER ALLEY EXHAUST FROM A FRIEND SO I GAVE THEM A CALL I TALKED TO BOB AND CRAIG THEASE GUYS ARE GREAT NOT ONLY DID THEY OFFER TO LET ME DEMO A PIP BEFORE I BAY IT THEY SAID IF I COME DOWN (IAM ABOUT 2HOURS AWAY)TO THERE SHOP I COULD STAY WITH THEM THEY WOULD SET UP MY BIKE WITH A PIP AND REJET IT FOR ME THEN TAKE ME OUT TO THEIR LOCAL TRACK FOR TESTING I ASK ABOUT A SPARK ARRESTOR IT IS A KRIZMAN AND ITS LEGALLY I THINK I WILL BE BAYING A THUNDER ALLEY PIP THEY SAID THEY WERE GOING BACK TO LAKE ELSINORE FOR TESTING THE FIRST OR SECOND WEEK OF DECEMBER HERE IS THE INFO ON MY CARD SHOP (559)584-8109 CELL BOB (559)707-7325 CRAIG (559)904-0424

• Shawn_Mc

Posted November 09, 2001 - 02:32 PM

My thoughts on the jetting are these. My 426 alwasy seemed a little on the fat side of the jetting in the first place. Even with the T-4 pipe. The whole power range was enhanced. Much more linear delivery. More (shall I say it) XR like!! Still had the hit though, just not as pronounced. I talked to Bob today (11-9) and the next one is mine baby! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. You can get the pipe with or without a spark arrester, Im having mine fit so that I'll be able interchange it. I havent tried it, (sparkarrester) but Bob said the performance change is nil.

• SoundChaser

Posted November 12, 2001 - 03:08 PM

Hey Folks-
If you end up getting one of these pipes, post some pics. Im dying to get a peek at one of these babies, plus im sure they wouldn't mind the marketing.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.