NEW TO THUMPER TALK!! KX250 FOR SALE!!

3 replies to this topic
  • FASTFRANK

Posted November 06, 2001 - 10:43 PM

Hey guys, been checking out this web site for a day now and it looks like it provides us fellow riders with alot of valuable info. I just got my new 01' 426 a couple of months ago and must say this thing really "Ripps". I have a 93' KX250 for sale if anyone might know anybody interested in it. Over $4,500 invested will sell for $2,395 obo. let me know by e-mail Frankninja9r@aol.com if anyone might be interested or have any questions. It is in great shape but definitely is not a 426. I love my 426 just can't ride enough. Everyone I know that has rode my bike can't get off of it. Kudos to Yamaha!! As far as the CRF450 Yami has 4 years of production on Honda so they can try but they ain't gonna cut it!! I bought a bike that is PROVEN!!! I haven't done the BK MOD yet anybody think I should? I really don't have any bogging problems except when I have a freshly oiled air filter. Let me know, anyone interested in the KX e-mail me please!! Ride till you Die!!

• candlkirk

Posted November 07, 2001 - 11:24 AM

Welcome to the site. As far as the BK Mod goes, I think if your not having any problems don't screw with it. Like the old saying, If it aint broke dont fix it. As far a your air filter, watch how much oil you are putting on it. Dont put too much. I know alot of people who have done the BK Mod and can't seem to get it to work right. I am not doing it to mine. Well, I hope I helped. Chris

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jason_in_KC

Posted November 07, 2001 - 11:45 AM

Welcome Frank, I too have an 01' that had never suffered the bog. But you always wonder if things could be better and they can. The BK mod is simple and if you don't like or can't get the results you hoped for, take the screw out and nobody will ever know anything was done!
The jetting can be interesting but that's a given dependant on where you live anyway so why not play with it some. I didn't net huge gains but better and more consistent starting, especially in cooler temps, also the bike is quicker to get through the rev range. I for one am not a revver, I have never felt the rev-limiter and I've owned my bike a full year! The bike is fun and if you do the BK mod it will give you a much greater understanding of how the carb works as a whole. Enjoy your bike and roost on! BTW, w/the mod I finally stuck w/42 pilot,1clip richer than stock and 165-168 main depending on temps. Runs crisp and doesn't bog. Jason

• Bryan Bosch

Posted November 07, 2001 - 03:12 PM

Welcome FASTFRANK! We love to see new two-stoke converts joining TT. :D Enjoy! :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.