Packing for a long trip

9 replies to this topic
  • wayne10810

Posted February 04, 2013 - 08:54 PM

3 of us are riding about 1200km on a trip soon. With packing space an issue, what are the important spares to take?

Puncture repair kit
Master link
zip ties
Duct tape

? any suggestions
Thanks

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 04, 2013 - 09:05 PM

21" tube (use front or rear)
CO2 cartridges and cartridge tool
Large tire spoons (Motion pro)
super large zip ties
bailing wire
first aid kit
Tool bag

do a search in the California forum for 'tool kit' and you will get a bunch of info

• LucasLeader

Posted February 04, 2013 - 09:36 PM

Two part epoxy putty!

• MANIAC998

Posted February 05, 2013 - 05:27 AM

Lighter & a knife

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 05, 2013 - 05:36 AM

Bottle opener and Dilithium crystals

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted February 05, 2013 - 05:40 AM

http://www.thumperta...ed#entry7140917

• Baja trail Rider

Posted February 05, 2013 - 07:46 AM

Have one rider carry 21 tube,other carry 18 tube.As the 21 in rear blows out in short time then you have to do again.BTR

• mOdD

Posted February 15, 2013 - 11:23 AM

What kind of bags are you guys using to haul all the tools etc.? Anyone make a good size front fender bag? Used to have a Moose one but it was too small.

• LucasLeader

Posted February 15, 2013 - 03:23 PM

I carry my tools in my backpack in a tool roll but between the tools, water, food, layers, etc it's too much on my back and I end up sore at the end of the day. Wolfman makes some cool products. My friend has the E-12 bags and they seem really well made. If you want something smaller they have the "day tripper" bags now: http://www.wolfmanlu...addle_Bags.html I think these would be a good way to carry tools, spares, etc and take some of that weight off your back or front fender.

• wayne10810

Posted February 19, 2013 - 08:58 AM

Thanks everyone! I read up on what you all said, and I packed accordingly. Just finished the trip, and to true WR style, I never even missed a beat (even after dropping my bike in deep water.

Pic of me straight after dropping my bike in a slippery crossing. Started first time (PHEW!)

Ride on WR!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN0770.JPG

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.