ManRack Utility rack with RotoPax

Body Racks Honda CRF250L

25 replies to this topic
  • slolane

Posted February 04, 2013 - 11:13 AM

I wanted a rear rack for tying things down as well as being able to carry a RotoPax storage container and fuel container when needed.

I went with the ManRack Utility rack that has a plate for mounting the RotoPax directly to making the install quick, simple and sturdy.

Photos of the rack:
Posted Image

Posted Image

The items from RotoPax, I went with the storage, fuel, Locking mount and mount extension:
Posted Image

With just the storage container:
Posted Image

Inside the container:
Posted Image

Storage container and fuel container:
Posted Image

Impressions are these are all nice quality products, I would prefer to have the containers turned 90 degrees mounted lengthways instead of widthwise. I will consider this a bit more and just add the generic adapter plate that came with the RotoPax if I want to go that route.

Links:
ManRacks
RotoPax

• Brad Young

Posted February 04, 2013 - 12:31 PM

Nice setup, even though the bike gets good mpg on the road, the range off road is not so good. I am still debating the setup like yours or waiting for a tank. I don't like the idea of changing the tank when the fuel pump is located in side it, also, would the fuel gauge continue to operate, and would it be accurate.

• slolane

Posted February 04, 2013 - 02:47 PM

Thanks! I love this setup and am not looking for a larger tank. I can see how some riders would prefer more fuel if they ride further offload but I will only need this on select trips or to bring along for the "what if" trips, otherwise I like the stock tank look and size. The rear rack and rotopax are quick to install and you can swap them around as needed in seconds. Get 2 or 3 fuel containers if needed. Nice product.

• idahorambler

Posted February 05, 2013 - 09:07 PM

Hi. I also went with an fuel pak on a back rack instead of a larger tank for the same reasons. I only have to add the tank when a longer trip is planned. This Kolpin container holds 1.5 gallons so my range is almost double.

Attached Files

• slolane

Posted February 05, 2013 - 09:57 PM

Nice setup!!

• MentalGuru

Posted February 06, 2013 - 06:35 PM

Hi. I also went with an fuel pak on a back rack instead of a larger tank for the same reasons. I only have to add the tank when a longer trip is planned. This Kolpin container holds 1.5 gallons so my range is almost double.

I really like the dimensions and direction of this one.

Posted Image

That would add more then enough range.

It would be perfect on the slolane's rack. with the storage box turned to match.

Posted Image

:cheers:

Edited by TNTsXR, February 06, 2013 - 06:39 PM.

• gnath9

Posted February 06, 2013 - 07:02 PM

I like them both !!!
Good work gentlemen :thumbsup:

Edited by gnath9, February 06, 2013 - 07:02 PM.

• Positron007

Posted February 12, 2013 - 12:52 AM

I have also purchased a ROTOPAX jerry can for the bike, however just a little worried about the exhaust being quite close.
Has anyone had issues with the plastic getting hot or melting?

• MentalGuru

Posted February 12, 2013 - 01:34 AM

It shouldn't be an issue. you could also make a small shield and use a heat barrier on it. ;)

The main thing is to have the cans spout on the opposite side of the exhaust. :smirk:

• DirtyBlackIrish

Posted February 16, 2013 - 12:03 PM

I wonder if I could fit that to my rack? What do you all think?

Posted Image
IMG-20121113-00184 by wesocec, on Flickr

• jlmiller

Posted February 16, 2013 - 12:26 PM

Looks good...I chose to go with this one.

Attached Files

• DirtyBlackIrish

Posted February 16, 2013 - 01:35 PM

Looks good...I chose to go with this one.

That the mana rack one? I like the one I got pretty well. it is great for grabbing to move or drag the bike back up. I also put a front strap on so a buddy can help if needed. My thoughts are to put one of the Flatlands racks on and just mount this one on over it when i am going out with more gear.

Posted Image

Edited by DirtyBlackIrish, February 16, 2013 - 02:38 PM.

• jlmiller

Posted February 16, 2013 - 01:52 PM

That the mana rack one? I like the one I got pretty well. it is great for grabbing to move or drag the bike back up. I also put a front strap on so a buddy can help if needed. My thoughts are to put one of the Flastlands racks on and just mount this one on ove rit when i am going out with more gear.

Posted Image

Nomadic racks...they have them listed on ebay.

• MentalGuru

Posted February 16, 2013 - 02:37 PM

That the mana rack one? I like the one I got pretty well. it is great for grabbing to move or drag the bike back up. I also put a front strap on so a buddy can help if needed. My thoughts are to put one of the Flastlands racks on and just mount this one on ove rit when i am going out with more gear.

Posted Image

The rack looks great, but the it sure needs a but job... :D

• DirtyBlackIrish

Posted February 16, 2013 - 02:39 PM

Nomadic racks...they have them listed on ebay.

OK

• DirtyBlackIrish

Posted February 16, 2013 - 02:40 PM

The rack looks great, but the it sure needs a but job... :D

Hahahahahaha :banana:

• slolane

Posted March 14, 2013 - 06:29 PM

Some questions about the size of the black storage pack so I grabbed some 16.9 fl. oz. water bottles and threw em in...

Pack mounted longways with some water bottles in it:
Posted Image

Notice there is a lip on the lid so you can stack items higher than the base:
Posted Image

Also note the shape of the bottom and how it leaves room here behind the hinge:
Posted Image

To show the room there I grabbed a couple items for size reference:
Posted Image

I can pack a good bit of stuff in here, very happy with this setup. :thumbsup:

• gnath9

Posted March 14, 2013 - 06:41 PM

I like it :thumbsup: .... I wish it was a little taller tho .... :thinking:
I have yet to even consider luggage etc ..... :shocked:
First things first for me ..... I want my dang bike back now :rant:

lol .... :lol:

• Worm 3000

Posted March 15, 2013 - 12:00 AM

Alright, I love it!! That's another thing going on my to get list. I prefer to leave the gas tank alone too. I love the way it looks now and don't want to mess with it. With that set up I would be (well set up) for the need more gas situation. Thanks fellas. :thumbsup:

• Cat ji

Posted March 15, 2013 - 01:49 AM

Thanks to everyone for showing. :)
I was set on getting the Nomadic rack, because i like the mounts, but now i'm glad i didn't go ahead and get it; i'll have to wait and see whether i think it's likely that i would ever need more fuel, in which case the peace sign rack would be better because it takes the Rotopax stuff.
btw, i thought that was a peace sign - is it just the place for the Rotopax mount to go?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2013-2014 Honda CRF250L/M Test Rides/Reviews - Add your Input by Bryan Bosch

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250 L/M
  • Hot  72 replies
Forums
Photo

Stalling at highway speed by 44magdave

• Hot  75 replies
Forums
Photo

Aftermarket Exhaust Info and Tech by slolane

• Hot  283 replies
Forums
Photo

Vacationing with the CRF250L by mott555

• 15 replies
Forums
Photo

Excessive engine braking? by Scralatchtica824

• Hot  34 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.