2012+ WR450f compared to alternatives

1 reply to this topic
  • jetrep

Posted February 03, 2013 - 05:17 PM

I'm seeking opinions from those who have ridden the new WR450f and how you liked it compared to others. Specifically, I've gotten to ride a 2008 KLX450r quite a bit that I really liked. From what I can gather weight is about the same. I've been watching craigslist for a nice used one but I like the idea of getting away from a carburetor.

I'm also interested in opinions comparing the Yamaha to KTM 350 EXC or XCF-W.

These purchasing decisions would be much easier if we could actually test ride these bikes!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted February 03, 2013 - 05:49 PM

I've ridden all the bikes mentioned.
The KLX is large, and has unlimited potential for radical performance.
The WR is smaller, more civilized (tranny, suspension, motor smoothness, etc) but can out-turn the KX in almost any corner.
The KTM's are very light feeling, but the suspension is not as sophisticated as the new WR or the KX, and they are much more revvy motors.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.