Help I need a quick fix!

3 replies to this topic
  • pdogg01

Posted February 03, 2013 - 03:32 PM

My 2003 YZ450f has sat for almost a year so I decided to sell it. It wasn't running great so I pulled the carb off to clean everything out. Ibroke the plastic hot start nut in the process. I work at a dealership and have a new one coming, but I have someone who wants to buy it today. I stuck a bolt in the hole where the hot start cable goes in, will this temporary fix create a problem? I can't seem to get the carb adjusted quite right now. Its running extremely rough and popping whith no load on it. So my question is: could capping off the hot start be my problem or do i just suck at adjusting carbs? ( which I kind of already knew)

• grayracer513

Posted February 03, 2013 - 04:09 PM

"Capping off" the hot start without the plunger in it is like having the hot start open all the time. If you absolutely have to do it that way, put the plunger and seal in, the spring on top of it, then the bolt.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pdogg01

Posted February 03, 2013 - 04:25 PM

oops.... i got it running decent , but that would explain my difficulties. so if i replace the plunger it wont fall out of reach and be impossible to retrieve without pulling the carb?

• grayracer513

Posted February 03, 2013 - 10:24 PM

No. A simple wire hook will retrieve it.

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.