426 vs CRF450

1 reply to this topic
  • 426_Pilot

Posted November 05, 2001 - 08:08 PM

Just got my new MXA (Dec. '01). The mag compares our machine ('02) with the Honda (I have an '01). The last paragraph reads:
Listen pilgrim, and listen good! From a pure motocross point of view the YZ426 is a vastly superior race bike to the Honda.... the YZ426 handles better, is faster, has better brakes, is well suspended and has a bulletproof track record. On the race track, those are the things that matter....
So, before you jump on the Honda bandwagon, understand that the Yamaha YZ 426 is not a weak sister-it's more like a big brother.

Kick Ass blue machine!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spodeboy

Posted November 05, 2001 - 08:33 PM

Oh no, the dreaded comparison!..This could go on for months.
I too feel the same way the article read. The bike Hughes rode that was smoking every one at GH, was vastly superior to the show-room model available to us meek clod jumpers.
After growing up on XR's in the late 70's early 80's, then switching to 2 smokes (dare I say the words), I was ecstatic to return to a thumper that fit my riding style I had adapted to from racing 250's. However, Honda will persue the 426 king!. I give them a few years, but it'll happen. They are hungry for their lost share of the market place to Yamaha back in 00. Following their brain dead decision to loose Jeremy to strangulatory politics a few years earlier. They haven't stopped burrying their toes in each others butts for that one. I root for no make, I just await the leaps and bounds of future thumper technologiy that is just over the horizon.
SPODE.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.