Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

What bikes do you ladies ride?

166 replies to this topic
  • YzShelby394

TT Bronze Member

324 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 07:39 AM

I noticed there's not a lot of activity goin on in the thumprette forum here lately.
Just wondering what bikes you guys ride and what type of riding you do? Pictures are welcome too of your rides!

A little about myself:
18 almost 19, I live in central illinois. I currently do not have a dirt bike, but I am shopping for a yz 125. I used to have a 2005 crf150f, but sold it a few days ago.
I also have an atv, a 2005 raptor 660.
I do some trail riding and mx track riding, but I don't race. ;)
Here's a pic of my quad:

Attached Thumbnails

• 1359819571370.jpg

• YzShelby394

TT Bronze Member

324 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 07:41 AM

I know there's a similar thread, but it seems outdated ^_^

• ctotilas

TT Bronze Member

399 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 07:49 AM

5'3 100#
YZ125 for motocross :ride:

• Debi

Get Help Now

7,444 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 07:55 AM

I just tootle around on my 05 KTM450SMR
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

And play time is on the 04 yz250f
Posted Image

Yes I am old, I'm 50 now but 51 in 2 weeks and just like to ride and have fun :D. Yes I do race supermoto now (started 2 years ago) and just love it. So wish more women would get out there as I am the only one in my area and having to line up with the boys blows but I have learned a ton racing with and against them.

• YzShelby394

TT Bronze Member

324 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 07:58 AM

That's awesome! I too wish more girls would get out there and ride. Thanks for sharing!

• Hmm0873

TT Newbie

5 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 08:02 AM

I ride my Crf250r. I love it. Been riding the mx track for a couple years and just recently started enduro racing. Im 39 and live in the high desert of ca

• Debi

Get Help Now

7,444 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 08:29 AM

I ride my Crf250r. I love it. Been riding the mx track for a couple years and just recently started enduro racing. Im 39 and live in the high desert of ca

I so miss Living in Oak Hills/Hesperia. Which high desert are you in?? Yes I am an Ex Socal girl born and raised and moved up here to Washington about 5 years ago.

• Debi

Get Help Now

7,444 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 08:32 AM

That's awesome! I too wish more girls would get out there and ride. Thanks for sharing!

Yes I soooo agree, more women need to just try this sport and let the addiction begin :D

Here's what I do :D sorry for the crappy vid as I forgot to put the settings back as the last race we went to one of the guys wanted to change the settings as he was making one of his vids :/

• leadfoot70ss

TT Bronze Member

446 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 10:08 AM

Hi Shelby, fun to see a lady rider somewhat near where I live. Can't wait to see your new bike when you get it! :thumbsup:

I'm 39 yrs old, from Southern WI, married for 15.5 years, we have 4 children ages 13 - 3 yrs., two girls & two boys., and have been riding dirt bike for 2.5 years now. I currently ride a KDX220 but had been on a KDX200 for the last 2 years and ride single-track trails - mostly on private land.

Here's me and the fam up north in Crawford Hills in Black River Falls, WI, on the North loop May of 2012.
Posted Image

My favourite thing is tackling logs...
Posted Image

And here's my KDX220!
Posted Image

And me the night we picked up my new-to-me bike!
Posted Image

Edited by leadfoot70ss, February 02, 2013 - 10:18 AM.

• KX25O, nicolio and Born2Win like this
  • Like This

• YzShelby394

TT Bronze Member

324 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 10:37 AM

Yes I soooo agree, more women need to just try this sport and let the addiction begin :D

Here's what I do :D sorry for the crappy vid as I forgot to put the settings back as the last race we went to one of the guys wanted to change the settings as he was making one of his vids :/

Sweet video! And yes it is an addiction. In thinking about dirtbikes probably 97% of the day haha. :D

• YzShelby394

TT Bronze Member

324 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 10:40 AM

Hi Shelby, fun to see a lady rider somewhat near where I live. Can't wait to see your new bike when you get it! :thumbsup:

I'm 39 yrs old, from Southern WI, married for 15.5 years, we have 4 children ages 13 - 3 yrs., two girls & two boys., and have been riding dirt bike for 2.5 years now. I currently ride a KDX220 but had been on a KDX200 for the last 2 years and ride single-track trails - mostly on private land.

Here's me and the fam up north in Crawford Hills in Black River Falls, WI, on the North loop May of 2012.
Posted Image

My favourite thing is tackling logs...
Posted Image

And here's my KDX220!
Posted Image

And me the night we picked up my new-to-me bike!
Posted Image

Nice bike! It's cool to see older riders as well. (Not saying you're old, but you know what I mean ;) ) There's not a lot of girls that ride where I live. I'm usually way out numbered by the boys lol. And I will definitely post pics when I get a new bike.

Edited by shelby394, February 02, 2013 - 10:40 AM.

• bc-motogirl

TT Bronze Member

130 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 11:08 AM

I change bikes like I change my clothes, but at this moment, I'm riding (and liking!) a CRF 150RB in the woods:

Posted Image

and my KTM 400 EXC for supermoto (I've ridden it in the woods, but it's a bit heavy)

Posted Image

...and a streetbike to round out the collection: (2010 Kawi ZX-6r)

Posted Image
  • Debi, mordav and Born2Win like this
  • Like This

• Debi

Get Help Now

7,444 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 03:13 PM

Sweet video! And yes it is an addiction. In thinking about dirtbikes probably 97% of the day haha. :D

Thanks, that track was crazy brutal on Slicks LMAO, I was really really sore from practice the day before but ended up 8th overall out of two Motos ;)

I change bikes like I change my clothes, but at this moment, I'm riding (and liking!) a CRF 150RB in the woods:

Posted Image

and my KTM 400 EXC for supermoto (I've ridden it in the woods, but it's a bit heavy)

Posted Image

...and a streetbike to round out the collection: (2010 Kawi ZX-6r)

Posted Image

Hope to see you at the Duncan race this year :thumbsup: We can bang bars hehe :goofy:

• bc-motogirl

TT Bronze Member

130 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 08:01 PM

Thanks, that track was crazy brutal on Slicks LMAO, I was really really sore from practice the day before but ended up 8th overall out of two Motos ;)

Hope to see you at the Duncan race this year :thumbsup: We can bang bars hehe :goofy:

Absolutely!!! I bought a new chain for the sumo today so that I could re-gear it. I was riding with dirt gearing all last year. I'm just hoping you don't kick my butt TOO badly!! lol ;)

• Debi

Get Help Now

7,444 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 08:22 PM

Absolutely!!! I bought a new chain for the sumo today so that I could re-gear it. I was riding with dirt gearing all last year. I'm just hoping you don't kick my butt TOO badly!! lol ;)

What gearing are you going to??? I run 13/51 on my Tard I was running 13/49 and found I like the extra snap when coming out of the turns ;) Is your bike a 6speed??

• bc-motogirl

TT Bronze Member

130 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 08:59 PM

I'm not totally sure what I'm going to now... might depend on what spare sprokets are already in the garage. I'll see what we got and go from there. ;) Mine's geared really low, like a bush bike, but I still managed to get a 3rd on it in Duncan. The chain I had didn't have a master link in it though, and it was still good, so wasn't worth breaking just yet.

I broke the chain on my CRF last Sunday ripping up the powerlines, so today was chain-buying day... 1 for the CRF and figured I might as well pick one up for the KTM too.

• Debi

Get Help Now

7,444 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 10:59 PM

I'm not totally sure what I'm going to now... might depend on what spare sprokets are already in the garage. I'll see what we got and go from there. ;) Mine's geared really low, like a bush bike, but I still managed to get a 3rd on it in Duncan. The chain I had didn't have a master link in it though, and it was still good, so wasn't worth breaking just yet.

I broke the chain on my CRF last Sunday ripping up the powerlines, so today was chain-buying day... 1 for the CRF and figured I might as well pick one up for the KTM too.

I'm pretty sure I have a 49 in my garage, I will check and if I do come on down and grab it and I will buy the Margaritas

• bc-motogirl

TT Bronze Member

130 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 11:07 PM

I'm pretty sure I have a 49 in my garage, I will check and if I do come on down and grab it and I will buy the Margaritas

woohoo!! I'll keep that in mind :)

I'll be on the mainland the week after next, but not sure if I'll make it south of the border. I have a nerd-conference to go to for work in Vancouver. :)

• Debi

Get Help Now

7,444 posts

Posted February 03, 2013 - 07:32 AM

woohoo!! I'll keep that in mind :)

I'll be on the mainland the week after next, but not sure if I'll make it south of the border. I have a nerd-conference to go to for work in Vancouver. :)

Well damn it.... we will figure something out :goofy:

• Belle

TT Member

61 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 09:35 AM

Hi Shelby394 - It's great seeing other women riders, not many around here either. I try to encourage all the women I see that has interest in bikes to get their own. There seems to be a bit of a confidence issue with alot of them though.

I ride a WR250F with mods on the exhaust and suspension. Oh, and the other one too. :rolleyes:
(and yes, I'm old...LOL)

Attached Thumbnails

• bike 5a.JPG
  • NEW HARLEY.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.