YZ426 SPANKS CRF450

5 replies to this topic
  • candlkirk

Posted November 05, 2001 - 06:42 PM

When I sold my 01YZ250, I was unsure if I should buy a 426 or 450. I loved my YZ250 so I decided to stay with the Yamaha for 02 and bought a New YZ426. I LOVE the bike. Alot of people are buying Honda's just because of the Honda name. I got my Motocross Action in today, and they compare the two motorcycles, and to my liking they say there is no comparison between the two. The only thing they say that is better about the Honda is that, it starts eaisier and it is lighter, but other than that, the Yamaha spanks it in all other departments. There are people who have a 426 and are selling it to buy a 450 just because it is new. I guess what I am saying is that Honda makes a great motorcycle, but Yamaha has 3 years of development on them, and Yamaha owners should think twice before jumping ship.

• Yamimoto

Posted November 05, 2001 - 09:51 PM

Hell, I haven't jumped ship on my 99 YZ400. I love it and have it the way I like it. MAybe in a couple years a YZ450.

• John_H

Posted November 05, 2001 - 10:12 PM

Originally posted by candlkirk:
When I sold my 01YZ250, I was unsure if I should buy a 426 or 450. I loved my YZ250 so I decided to stay with the Yamaha for 02 and bought a New YZ426. I LOVE the bike. Alot of people are buying Honda's just because of the Honda name. I got my Motocross Action in today, and they compare the two motorcycles, and to my liking they say there is no comparison between the two. The only thing they say that is better about the Honda is that, it starts eaisier and it is lighter, but other than that, the Yamaha spanks it in all other departments. There are people who have a 426 and are selling it to buy a 450 just because it is new. I guess what I am saying is that Honda makes a great motorcycle, but Yamaha has 3 years of development on them, and Yamaha owners should think twice before jumping ship.

I love my bike, although candlkirk sounds like, "a boy whistling in the dark"... Hell, I'd probably be faster on a Modified XR 400 owned by a friend of Dr.Dirt. I'm pretty tough; 6'1" 180 lbs, but my WR4 is pretty tiring at times (and a smile producing unit). Most big displacement bikes put a smile on my face, and the Honda is likely no exception!

Think of riding, think of living.

[ November 06, 2001: Message edited by: John H ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • candlkirk

Posted November 06, 2001 - 03:55 AM

I am not tring to start a fire here. I am just telling you what Motocross Action is saying about the 426 against the 450. It beats Honda in all thing except two, which are Weight and Starting. Honda will catch up, it will just take awhile. Yamaha has a head start on them.

• FASTFRANK

Posted November 06, 2001 - 10:51 PM

I COULD'T AGREE MORE!! I READ THE REVIEWS SO FAR ON THE 450 AND TO ME IT SEEMS LIKE IT RUNS LIKE AN XR!! FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN NO BIKE HAS THE "HIT" OF THE 426!! GRANTED THE 450 IS A FULL FLEDGED RACE BIKE NOT AN XR BUT IT STILL IS NO YZF!

• Shawn_Mc

Posted November 06, 2001 - 11:18 AM

I own a 2000 426, rode a new 450f on saturday. I liked the 450. It was set up for a guy that was only 160# and Im 195# but it was great. Steered way better than my 426. Noticably lighter, and awesome power. Im beginning to wonder about the objectiveness of the mags that test bikes. At any rate, thats my two cents.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.