2012-13 wr450f differences?

4 replies to this topic
  • nolo263

Posted February 01, 2013 - 05:48 PM

Is there any notable differences between the 2012 and 2013 wr450f? I bought one today and the salesman said there is no difference. Should i get the 2012 or wait for the 2013? Price was 8k out the door.

• MANIAC998

Posted February 02, 2013 - 04:32 AM

Same bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Low Down

Posted February 02, 2013 - 05:31 AM

The only difference I saw was the decals used. When I bought my '13 I got it for less than another dealer was selling a '12 for... and they threw in the ECU and programmer as well.

Good luck with your purchase!

• fdeluca

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:30 PM

I have a 2012 WR450F. I don't see much difference between the 2012 and 2013. The 13 has a white rear fender. The 12 is blue. Very nice bike. Do the talked about mods and you will be very happy. Install COMP. ECU, remove the baffle in the intake box, remove inner tail pipe, and remove and replace the throttle stop screw with a shorter one. When you buy the COMP ECU it comes with the throttle stop srcew

To remove the screw you need a 1/4 drive rachet, ext,a universal socket that will fit the appropriate tamper proof torx bit. Work from the left hand side of bike ( shifter side ) take your time and it will come right out. As for the inner pipe, remove the exhaust end cap disassemble to the point were you have access to the tail pipe. Drill out the two rivets, remove the inner tail pipe and re-install.

• Low Down

Posted February 11, 2013 - 01:38 PM

Yup... the rear fenders. I missed that one by a mile, lol.

OP, when you remove the throttle screw, the security torx bit is a T25.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.