North Carolina

Mx-421 (old Thundervalley)

6 replies to this topic
  • junebug728

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

Not sure if anybody realizes that the old thundervalley track in yadkinville is under new owners. They have changed the track and upgraded both tracks. They have even put in an arena cross track. Check them out at mx-421.com. Their website is under construction, but you can check out pictures and updates on their facebook page. Click the link at the bottom of their web site to take you there. Might I add they already have some major riders riding there. I hope everyone comes to check it out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 09kx250fNC

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:46 AM

My son and I are looking to get up there soon. How "difficult" are the tracks?

• junebug728

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

Most of the jumps are tabletops, there is only a couple of doubles, and they are easily done or just rolled over. One of the riders came from bristol tenn. and said that it was the most safe and good practice track around. He said he couldn't wait to come back. I went up there today and the bottom track looked perfect ( only cold ). I am going to ride tomorrow. Come on up I don't think you will be disappointed.

• SkiDaddy

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

What is the soil like - all red clay - some sand mixed in, lots of rocks etc.? (Work PC doesn't allow Facebook).

• alwayson1wheel

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:46 AM

Most of the jumps are tabletops, there is only a couple of doubles, and they are easily done or just rolled over. One of the riders came from bristol tenn. and said that it was the most safe and good practice track around. He said he couldn't wait to come back. I went up there today and the bottom track looked perfect ( only cold ). I am going to ride tomorrow. Come on up I don't think you will be disappointed.

junebug? you didnt happen to race enduros back in the late 80's early 90's did you? my grandfather used to ride with a buddy named junebug?

• junebug728

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

The dirt is red clay mixed with a little sawdust, not very many rocks. I did not race enduros, I ran mx, mainly n.c., s.c, tn.,va.

• 09kx250fNC

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

My son and I got up there this past weekend. Great place! We will be back!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.