Another Grey Wire Story...

1 reply to this topic
  • kjd7

Posted February 01, 2013 - 10:08 AM

This is probably only of interest to Supermoto people in Europe like me.

Having motarded my '06 WR450F, I was trying to do the tyre size correction thing on the digital display talked about on some threads on here, but it seems to be disabled (in Europe anyway).

So I did what everybody else does and got a Vapor.

Since I now had the Yamaha unit off, I had an investigate and I've found the problem.

If you take off the rubber boot you will see an extra loop of grey wire on the back of the connector.
Extract (or just cut) this and the unit becomes "Rest of the World" spec. You can adjust the tyre diameter and you get the average speed feature.

I presume there's some legal thing here in the EU that means we are deprived of this usefulness.

Anyhow, it's too late for me cos I've got the Vapor, but this might be useful to somebody, and I was so pleased with myself, I had to tell somebody!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted February 01, 2013 - 12:51 PM

Good to know! Thanks for the headsup!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.