Help needed on carb issue Varnished fuel

3 replies to this topic
  • shu993

Posted November 22, 2003 - 08:14 PM

I bought a 01 Wr426 from my buddy for $1500. He had wrecked it about 8 months ago. It needed Left side rad. repair (thanks Mylers), Compression release lever, Bars, some plastic, blah blah. My question is about the carb. The gas was pretty stinky when I drained it out of the float bowl and the tank. I wanted to know what to do with the carb. Should I go for a full rebuild, just pull it and carb cleaner it with the float bowl off???

• McGaber

Posted November 22, 2003 - 08:24 PM

Start by removing the jet access cap at the bottom of the float bowl and check for sludge. If fuel is still liquid, get afresh tank of 91 oct and give her a try. If the carb is full of the ripe stuff, you know the drill. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • faggio40

Posted November 24, 2003 - 01:50 PM

Before to disassemble you should try to start the engine with new fuel. It's normal that fuel is stinky after some mounths of stop

• dale

Posted November 24, 2003 - 02:58 PM

I would pull it an clean it. I had to do same, it's not that bad. My pilot jet was plugged and wouldn't idle right.
Get a aftermarket fuel screw while your at it, just don't loose the stock o-ring and spring. This should help.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.