Chain Guides

3 replies to this topic
  • LucasLeader

Posted January 30, 2013 - 06:14 PM

I have a 1999 WR400 and need a new chain guide plastic and am wondering if one from a '03+ would fit. Anyone have any idea? If it wasn't for shipping costs it would be worth it just to order one and find out with the deal on newer ones I found.

• Thommo_400f

Posted January 30, 2013 - 08:35 PM

The UFO stock replacement ones are $20-$30 and will fit 98-2002 & 2006.
So I guess that tells us that 2003 is a different shape!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LucasLeader

Posted January 30, 2013 - 09:21 PM

After looking at some more aftermarket chain guides I think they're all the same. The part numbers for the OEM pieces are even the same for 03 and 06. has the Polisport ones on sale for $4. I was thinking about ordering a few but I probably won't be going through them that quickly. I do regret not ordering more rear fenders when I got mine for $5 though...

• MANIAC998

Posted January 31, 2013 - 04:48 AM

I've used the same Yamaha chain guides for years & years. While I've never had the '03, I've been riding models that were older & newer and the chain guides always fit from one model to the next. My money is on that they are the same.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.