2010-2013 Pre-Printed background pics

8 replies to this topic
  • N2BLUE314

Posted January 30, 2013 - 10:42 AM

bike.jpg I have a 2012 YZ450F (BLUE) and looking for some ideas and color schemes for pre-printed back grounds. I would like to see some pics. Not sure if I'm going to do custom shroud decals yet or not. I have not found many I like.

Edited by N2BLUE314, January 30, 2013 - 10:58 AM.

• KJ790

Posted January 30, 2013 - 01:46 PM

Here is what is going on my new YZ450F. I got a full graphics kit from MGX unlimited, so the whole bike will have this color theme.

Posted Image

• Jim813

Posted January 30, 2013 - 01:59 PM

How do you like the MGK graphics? I had a deal from factory backing and MGK, and decided to go with factory backing. They look good, but the protective clear film over the graphics seems to seperate from the graphic over a few months.

• KJ790

Posted January 30, 2013 - 02:13 PM

How do you like the MGK graphics? I had a deal from factory backing and MGK, and decided to go with factory backing. They look good, but the protective clear film over the graphics seems to seperate from the graphic over a few months.

You mean MGX? I really like them, this is my 5th set of graphics that I have had them make for me. They all have looked great, fit great, and held up as well as any other graphic company I have used. I used N-Style graphics for years, and I have had a couple sets of One Industries, Decal Works, and Factory FX graphics along the way. I haven't found anything negative to say about the MGX ones other than the price, but they run sales all the time so you can get them pretty cheap if you do it at the right time. Here's my YZ250F with the full graphics kit I just put on (which match my new 450 graphics)

Posted Image

Edited by KJ790, January 30, 2013 - 02:13 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • N2BLUE314

Posted February 01, 2013 - 07:28 AM

Do the shroud graphics cover up the yamaha logo on the lower shroud? How well do the graphics stick to the lower shroud where it has a texture or rippled.

Attached Thumbnails

• bike.jpg

• KJ790

Posted February 01, 2013 - 11:20 AM

Do the shroud graphics cover up the yamaha logo on the lower shroud? How well do the graphics stick to the lower shroud where it has a texture or rippled.

MGX's graphics normally have a hole cut out around the Yamaha logo, I asked them to leave the hole out since I was using aftermarket plastics that don't have the Yamaha logo on the shrouds. They seem to stick pretty well on the textured part of the shrouds. I bought a 2010 YZ450F used that had decal works graphics on it and I was surprised by how well they were still stuck to the textured areas, though they still don't stick as well as they do to nice fresh smooth plastic.

• N2BLUE314

Posted February 01, 2013 - 11:34 AM

Thanks, I just ordered a full kit for $99. I was not able to find that price anywhere.

• KJ790

Posted February 02, 2013 - 06:06 AM

Sweet, killer deal! What graphics did you end up getting?

• N2BLUE314

Posted February 04, 2013 - 05:42 AM

The Elusive with white base. Almost went twith the blue though.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.