Advice for an application designed particular for Motocross

2 replies to this topic
  • kfrosty

Posted November 05, 2001 - 06:05 AM

First all talking about and finding the time to do it are 2 different things. :)

I was just sitting here going through some ASP.Net stuff and also coupled with the fact I'm trying to create a spreadsheet here, a database there to keep track of bike expense, entry fees, bike setup, etc, etc..... I was just thinking how cool it would be to create an application just for motorcylists.

Some of the things personally I think that would be cool would be to create one that allows you to have specific categories for all types of expenses. Then have a way to run reports at the end of the year if you are running your operations as a business so you can have it for the tax man

Also, the app might keep track info throughout the year to where you can record bike setup info, lap times, results. Then another portion to keep track of sponsors and what they are giving you and contract dates etc. There are some other things that come to mind but what else would make this interesting to others as well?

Finally, if there was something like this out there would it be more appealing to have a .net based application to where you can just go to a website and store all this info. Or would it be more beneficial to have a stand alone application you could install on your PC or even better a laptop to have at the race track, practice track, woods or just where ever to have instance access.

Like I said, finding time to do this right now would be challenging but I was just curious as to how appealing something like this would be to others out there.

(Oh yeah, before hand I know there are a lot of different apps out there to accomplish one or more of these things I mentioned. However, to me it's always nice to have one app that does everything you need. :D

Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kirtwell

Posted November 07, 2001 - 03:45 AM

KFrosty,
I think that's a great idea. However, I wouldn't want my wife to see the totals at the end of the year....LOL...it could end my riding all together.

I think the bike expense spreadsheet would benifit me more than anything. Just to keep up with the parts I buy. I always forget where I buy stuff and how much I paid for it. I know some parents out there that could use the lap time idea as a progression chart for the young ones.

Great Idea!!!

When you get it done.... I'd buy a copy of it.

kirtwell@yahoo.com

• kfrosty

Posted November 08, 2001 - 08:41 AM

haha. Thanks Kirtwell. Like I said, I have a lot more ideas than I have time to do all of them. :)

If I find the time to do it, I'll give you a copy for responding. :D

Course I may end up trying to do it as a .net service everyone can access over the net.

Thanks for the feedback!

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.