how far on stock tank of fuel?

6 replies to this topic
  • MikeOK

Posted November 05, 2001 - 05:38 AM

I'm doing my first hare scarmble next weekend, im wondering how often i should re-fuel. It is a 2 hour race. How long in time will the stock tank last if you are really hammering? Thanks in advance...

• mike_dean

Posted November 05, 2001 - 08:33 AM

You won't make the full 2 hours, so i'd suggest filling up at the half way point. I've run mine an hour and a half before running out and it always makes an hour. mike

• kc_husky

Posted November 05, 2001 - 03:22 PM

I have been getting right at 39 to 41 miles to a tank. I have been on fumes the last couple of hare scrambles I've ran.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Psycho426

Posted November 06, 2001 - 01:01 AM

If I'm riding really hard (MX) I get about 1 and 3/4 hours on a tank

• Young_Padawan

Posted November 11, 2001 - 09:24 AM

on the trails me and my friend get about 69 miles to the tank. cuz we usually ride in 4-5 the whole time. im not sure if this helps but just puttin in my 2 cents.

• Young_Padawan

Posted November 11, 2001 - 09:33 AM

on the trails me and my friend get about 69 miles to the tank. cuz we usually ride in 4-5 the whole time. im not sure if this helps but just puttin in my 2 cents.

• MikeOK

Posted November 11, 2001 - 05:53 PM

Well maybe this will be some good info for some of you. I did the race, was laps of about 7 miles, very tight, mostly 2nd or 3rd gear, and alot of tight woods 1st gear stuff. My laps were running between 23-27 minutes, and I refueled after the 3rd lap which was about an hour and 20 minutes. I think I could have made one more lap but I fueled up anyway. Wish I would have tried now since it cost me 3 places... Man am I ever tired, it was a very cool race but give me moto any day. MX here in eastern OK is much more organized than this scramble was...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.