what time does it get too dark to ride there?

7 replies to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted November 21, 2003 - 06:07 PM

here in NH, it is frickin dark by 4:20pm. It blows to get out of work at 3pm, drive 50 minutes home, and see the sun disappearing on the horizon!! :D

This northern hemisphere really rots!!

Since I submitted my resignation at my job and my intention is to move BACK to (Harrisburg area) Pennsylvania, my days will get a little longer.

BUT, the BIG thing is here in New England, there are only a handful of MX tracks from CT to Maine. AMA District 6, there are a BUNCH!!

Now, I have to decide if I will be racing a CRF450, YZF450 or a YZ or RM 2 stroke...!!!??? :) :D :D

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 21, 2003 - 06:27 PM

That is why we have headlights! If you know the trail well you can rip along at night. We often go on night rides when camping and riding all weekend. :)

• AkRider

Posted November 22, 2003 - 06:52 PM

You should try it up here. It's dark at 4pm and gets light at 9am. But in the summer I can ride untill 1am and never need my headlight. :) Oh well thats why I have a snowmachine for the winter.

• EricZ

Posted November 24, 2003 - 01:08 AM

It's pretty dark in Pittsburgh at 5:15 pm.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blue_beast_wins

Posted November 24, 2003 - 01:48 AM

Spring down here, just getting dark at 8:30 pm

• willy_fitz

Posted November 24, 2003 - 03:36 AM

If you want to ride past 16:30 here in the Great White North you better have a good headlight and a helmet light.
The snow is holding off but the weather channel is saying the white stuff is on the way.
That's ok though because the skis are waxed :)

willy fitz

• PumpkinHumper

Posted November 24, 2003 - 06:19 AM

That is why we have headlights!

I'm with you Dan. Night ridding is a blast for the headlight crowd. If you have never single tracked at night you dont know what you are missing.

It is dark here by 6:00 right now.

• Jetster220

Posted November 24, 2003 - 06:41 AM

Down here its dark at 6:00 with masquitos as thick as the air. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.