Ti foot pegs

27 replies to this topic
  • smv ryder

Posted January 24, 2013 - 06:49 PM

Saw these on eBay.. If they were a 100 bucks I would buy :)
http://www.ebay.com/...ssories&vxp=mtr

• argclh6670

Posted January 24, 2013 - 06:57 PM

Those are sweetness, spendy lil buggars thou.

• Jeekinz

Posted January 25, 2013 - 08:58 AM

It's a pretty good design. I mentioned in another thread, pegs with bracing/webbing in the middle can get clogged with mud. Next thing you know you're standing on two mud balls. IThat's why I like the stock 97-02 pegs alot. The 03+ are pretty decent, but not as good as the older ones.

These are sweet

http://www.kirton-mx...7-10-2822-p.asp

• Dangerouspower

Posted January 26, 2013 - 07:34 AM

I didnt know we had the same pegs as the ktm's. I guess we do though right ??

• Dangerouspower

Posted January 26, 2013 - 08:07 AM

Alright well if ktm pegs work on these 97-02 kx 125 and 250 I think I wanna get these. http://www.ebay.com/...2f8ca8a&vxp=mtr So these are about 13 mm wider which is gonna be about 1/2 inch wider than stock. But if I get these the brace inside that looks like a Y i wonder if I could grind the Y base part off and just keep the v part of the Y.

Also the pegs are just so friggin worn and flopped out with side to side and play in the pin I wonder if just a new pin and the new pegs will be enough or if I will have to drill out the peg holes and drill the frame and make new pins to make everything true again. As for the side to side play ? I dont know? Where the peg stoppers if you wanna call them that, the things that hold up the peg i wanna take a thin piece of rubber and carve it out for the stopper size where it sits on the drame then see if a self tapping screw will fit through the width of the actual peg and clear the spring and pin. Sooo that would really fix a major vibration and darn rattle spot and make that all true again and also have really nice pegs.

• small_and_fast

Posted January 26, 2013 - 03:13 PM

I have experience with a lot of different pegs riding and racing, mostly on my ktm. Pro moto billet, IMS oversized, Sunline oversized, Moose Oversized, pivot pegs, Cheapy drc, and maybe 1 or 2 more.

They were all good pegs, the pegs I run now are actually the tusk pegs! They are inexpensive, but they don't make replacement pins but I'm sure you could find something. I did do damage to a tusk peg once, hard crash in the rocks riding ex, but I have snapped pro moto billets too.

I just put a pair for a kxf on my kx250, went on easy but aren't quite level, could easily grind the stops shorter though.

Damage I did to tusk on my ktm:
Posted Image

• zaneIDktm

Posted January 26, 2013 - 03:57 PM

I have experience with a lot of different pegs riding and racing, mostly on my ktm. Pro moto billet, IMS oversized, Sunline oversized, Moose Oversized, pivot pegs, Cheapy drc, and maybe 1 or 2 more.

They were all good pegs, the pegs I run now are actually the tusk pegs! They are inexpensive, but they don't make replacement pins but I'm sure you could find something. I did do damage to a tusk peg once, hard crash in the rocks riding ex, but I have snapped pro moto billets too.

I just put a pair for a kxf on my kx250, went on easy but aren't quite level, could easily grind the stops shorter though.

Posted Image

I run Tusk pegs to, love them, especially the price.

• smv ryder

Posted January 26, 2013 - 04:15 PM

Alright well if ktm pegs work on these 97-02 kx 125 and 250 I think I wanna get these. http://www.ebay.com/...a8a&vxp=mtr So these are about 13 mm wider which is gonna be about 1/2 inch wider than stock. But if I get these the brace inside that looks like a Y i wonder if I could grind the Y base part off and just keep the v part of the Y.

Also the pegs are just so friggin worn and flopped out with side to side and play in the pin I wonder if just a new pin and the new pegs will be enough or if I will have to drill out the peg holes and drill the frame and make new pins to make everything true again. As for the side to side play ? I dont know? Where the peg stoppers if you wanna call them that, the things that hold up the peg i wanna take a thin piece of rubber and carve it out for the stopper size where it sits on the drame then see if a self tapping screw will fit through the width of the actual peg and clear the spring and pin. Sooo that would really fix a major vibration and darn rattle spot and make that all true again and also have really nice pegs.

Let me know you buy those pegs. They look great and the price is right

• smv ryder

Posted January 26, 2013 - 04:18 PM

Posted Image

Did you put tusk KXF pegs on your KX or stock KXF pegs?
Any pics?
That's some damage to your peg. How did that happen?

• schrode

Posted January 26, 2013 - 04:25 PM

for me the titanium is too expensive and break too easily. ims pro series are my favorites

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • small_and_fast

Posted January 26, 2013 - 04:46 PM

Did you put tusk KXF pegs on your KX or stock KXF pegs?
Any pics?
That's some damage to your peg. How did that happen?

I put tusk kxf pegs on. That was caused by throwing it away jumping into a gnarly rock section, that foot peg is now a door stop :thumbsup:

Not the best pics to show the angle, really not that off though. I put the right pin in upside down so I can get it off without removing the brake pedal.
Excuse the dirt, recent ride :ride:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• smv ryder

Posted January 26, 2013 - 04:56 PM

I put tusk kxf pegs on. That was caused by throwing it away jumping into a gnarly rock section, that foot peg is now a door stop :thumbsup:

Not the best pics to show the angle, really not that off though. I put the right pin in upside down so I can get it off without removing the brake pedal.
Excuse the dirt, recent ride :ride:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thank you!! They look great! Does it matter if it is a 250 or 450?
These pegs?
http://www.rockymoun.../3984/-/213073/

• small_and_fast

Posted January 26, 2013 - 05:01 PM

Those are them, they just say kxf on the package so shouldn't be an issue. The centre is different in the picture on the RMMC site, all the ones I've had are the same as the ones I pictured.

pic from RMMC site:
Posted Image

Also when I first got these I thought I would miss the centre row of teeth, but can't even notice its not there.

• Dangerouspower

Posted January 26, 2013 - 05:59 PM

I am going to message the seller of those pegs to see if he can take some measurements for me. I'll keep you guys updated.
Also they do sell replacement pins for the foot pegs..

• kawie

Posted January 26, 2013 - 09:56 PM

check ebay.you can find them cheaper an no shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/...t pegs&_sacat=0
Kawie

• Dangerouspower

Posted January 27, 2013 - 06:54 AM

I dont really like the look of those because there is so much bracing in the middle so that will really hold mud.

• small_and_fast

Posted January 27, 2013 - 11:34 AM

I dont really like the look of those because there is so much bracing in the middle so that will really hold mud.

I thought the same thing, but actually had it much worse on stock pegs. Still not that great for ice build up but no peg I've used is. This was the muddiest race of last year and I had tusks on, no problems! Not arguing the fact, tacky mud will gather up on any peg to some extent. But there's ton's of pegs out there to try out! I've had great all around success with the tusk though. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

• Dangerouspower

Posted January 27, 2013 - 07:34 PM

Haha dang ! I dont I think Im still gonna try it just to be diffrent. :thumbsup:

• smv ryder

Posted January 29, 2013 - 01:24 PM

Those are them, they just say kxf on the package so shouldn't be an issue. The centre is different in the picture on the RMMC site, all the ones I've had are the same as the ones I pictured.

pic from RMMC site:
Posted Image

Also when I first got these I thought I would miss the centre row of teeth, but can't even notice its not there.

I went with the tusks. thank you for the info and the pictures.

• dmm698

Posted January 29, 2013 - 02:16 PM

I could never justify 175$ on a set of pegs for a bike that's 10-15 years old seems crazy.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Kx 125 Build by NzJohny

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   Kawasaki 2-Stroke
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Need 250 crank for 00! by raber510

• Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Anyone else restoring a kx 125/250? by NzJohny

• Hot  76 replies
Forums
Photo

Easy question for KX250 gurus! by sandy450

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

1998Kx250 or 2002 Kx250. Which is the better bike? by Mudlauncher

• Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.