GYTR cold weather map

2 replies to this topic
  • ragingbull45

Posted January 24, 2013 - 02:50 AM

Looking for a good cold weather map or a good starting point for a cold weather map for a 2010 YZF450 that is used for ice riding... Would prefer more of a mid and top end map and I see most of the maps for the GYTR tuners take fuel and give timing which worries me with the very cold temps this bike will be used in... Even a phone number or someone I could call to point me in the correct direction would be appreciated...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 24, 2013 - 10:18 AM

The EFI system on the YZ450 uses information from a coolant temp sensor and an intake air sensor to compensate the base map (whatever that map might be) for temperature. The problem that comes with real winter riding (like with snow and all that shit) is that the cooling system has no thermostat, and was built to be able to stay ahead of the engine heat in the summer in Texas. The result is that the bikes run very rich in an ice racing type of environment. One of the easiest cures for it is to cover one of the radiators (65-100% coverage) so as to block the air flow, then just run a good map like the Marmont map.

There is a recent thread on this same subject with responses from owners who use their bikes for ice racing. Run a search for it.

• ragingbull45

Posted January 24, 2013 - 12:11 PM

I thank you much for the info and hoping you could help me with a bit more... I did have one radiator blocked off about 80% and the bike only reached 155 degrees... So this time out 100% of one radiator will be covered but have I have different opinions on what a good temp is to run this bike at... Any opinions??? I am looking for a bit more top end as it is very very linear which is nice but would sacrifice some for a bit more top end... Do you think the Marmont would help me there??? Again thanx much for the time and info...

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.