Wr450

6 replies to this topic
  • Steve rob

Posted January 23, 2013 - 02:09 PM

Hi I was out on my wr450f 05 model put it away week later got it out got two mins down the road she cut out started back up didn't get far cut out now won't start again if it does couple of secs max or wil backfire now and then , any ideas on what to do the key way is good the earth is good put a new batery on cheers

• Vaped

Posted January 23, 2013 - 02:16 PM

Clean the carb. The gas can you use to put gas in it, make sure it has a screen. Should be good to go.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 23, 2013 - 03:29 PM

How many hours on it?
Have you ever changed the timing chain and tensioner?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Steve rob

Posted January 23, 2013 - 11:25 PM

Piston was done two rides ago along with timing chain and carb was cleaned , I'm new to bikes what is the gas can that should have screen init thanks

• Steve rob

Posted January 23, 2013 - 11:32 PM

Ah u mean fuel can lol

• tomerb

Posted January 24, 2013 - 03:35 PM

You have to remember, we speak American and you speak English!!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 27, 2013 - 01:34 AM

You say the carb was 'cleaned': hopefully you did not use Auto Carb cleaner, as it will destroy the rubber seals inside.

Does it start?
Does it idle?
Does it run better with the choke or hot start?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.