04' WR vs. YZ

2 replies to this topic
  • kcracing

Posted November 21, 2003 - 10:23 AM

Help! I am torn between the WR & YZ, does anyone have any pro's or con's between them? Mostly ride desert with some track, has the WR key issue been resolved for the 04's?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OldCrash

Posted November 27, 2003 - 06:39 PM

In August I started to look for a replacement for the KX500 I had been ridding. I was much like you undecided :). I do race a little but I was recovering from a serious crash this spring on the 500. Didn't know if I would be able to race again or if it would be trail riding only from now on. The dealers around home were sold out of the 03 YZ & WR models I happened to be on vacation and stoped by a dealer in northern Michigan Who had both bikes on the showroom floor so I could compare. They had them on clearence with the same price on both bikes. I had been leaning to the YZ since they were cheaper I was told by my local dealers. After Wondering the showroom for an hour I decided WR. I figured for the same money I would get the WR and take the extras, lights, electric start, kickstand etc, off if they bothered. I figured I could take these Items off cheaper than I could put them on the YZ later. I have had the bike since Sept. I had the susp redone which I would of done to a YZ also. I have raced it still full WR equiped, 3 times this fall with no regreats. If I was going to race full time then the YZ would be the way to go. For my riding, trails and some racing I would buy another WR even if it cost me a few extra dollars.

• KentuckyWR

Posted November 28, 2003 - 07:16 AM

Get the WR . . .
It has a 5 speed not a 4 speed transmission and an 18" rear wheel which equals greater tire selection. Also longer fuel range. Unless you're a full time motodude the WR is the only way to go!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.