Compatible years for 06 yz450 head

3 replies to this topic
  • Wr822

Posted January 21, 2013 - 10:36 AM

Hello, I have a 06 yz450 and just recently discovered a crack in my head. The bike quit running last summer and the head needs rebuilt. I was wondering if anyone knows which years of the 450 will be compatible to bolt on and run it as I am looking to replace the head now. I'm hoping to find one that I can just buy and not have to do any work to it but need to know which years will work. Thanks!

• grayracer513

Posted January 21, 2013 - 10:43 AM

'06 - '09 YZ450F
'07 - '11 WR450F (requires plugging ports for the AIS system used on the WR)

Cracking the heads on these is quite rare. How did we manage that?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wr822

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:01 AM

Well I took it apart when it quit running and put a set of rings in it and put it back together and just put water back in the rads just to get it running, then it sat and forgot about it and with the cold weather you can imagine the rest unfortunately, thanks for the help gray, I think you helped me out awile back with questions on my WR!

• Wr822

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:18 AM

Are you sure that those are the only ones that will work or is that all that you know of?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.