new member- two yz 450s

3 replies to this topic
  • tjschraf

Posted January 20, 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hey guys,

I accidentally posted in the wrong section earlier. But now I am in the right spot. Over the winter, I bought two yz 450's. One is an 04 and the other is an 07. I love the looks of the 07 but I definitely can notice the power in the 04. I haven't ridden in several years. My last bike was a cr 125 when I was younger. I am excited to dig into these and hope that I actually can ride this time around. I am a trail rider, nothing intense.

I will try to post pictures as well.

In order to ride in Michigan, I believe they need to have spark arrestors. The 04 has an fmf pipe and that should be fine. However, the 07 does not and I don't want to spend $300 on one. Anyone know if they are required for riding? Is there a cheaper solution? I would be fine with used.

Thanks

• Troutman

Posted January 20, 2013 - 07:17 PM

Don't know the requirements for Michigan but if you are riding on any public land I am sure you need a spark arrestor. Also, check your FMF they do not automaticaly have spark arrestors built in, you typicaly can have either a arrestor or a non-arrestor insert. You can get a Pro-Moro Billet end cap with certified spark arrestor for about $120 - $130 ish. Just remove your current end cap and install it right to your stock can.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WB450

Posted January 22, 2013 - 03:14 PM

Don't know the requirements for Michigan but if you are riding on any public land I am sure you need a spark arrestor. Also, check your FMF they do not automaticaly have spark arrestors built in, you typicaly can have either a arrestor or a non-arrestor insert. You can get a Pro-Moro Billet end cap with certified spark arrestor for about $120 - $130 ish. Just remove your current end cap and install it right to your stock can.

This is what I did.

• Smokeslider

Posted January 24, 2013 - 09:25 AM

I'd sell you my stock pipe with PMB endcap, Spark Arestor and quiet core for $100. Let me know if interested and I can get you some pics.....

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.