2012 WR450F oil change

3 replies to this topic
  • Jmulhollen

Posted January 17, 2013 - 02:16 PM

I feel ridiculous but here here it goes....

Manual and process for this on the site is kind of conflicting. Anyone have a straight forward list and oil capacity?

What I see is.....
Drain right side bolt
Drain bolt from rear of pan
Fill with we oil (I think it said 1.1L)
Open oil pressure bolt until oil comes out

Is this correct?

Edited by Jmulhollen, January 17, 2013 - 10:37 PM.

• supermega1

Posted January 18, 2013 - 04:53 PM

You don't have to do the last step:
Open oil pressure bolt until oil comes out

Thats only if you need to check the oil pressure. I don't don't check mine every time. I don't think it's necessary.

I read the same thing the first time I did mine. My buddy came over and was like &%$#@! are you doing. Took re-reading the book like 10 times to realize that was only for checking the oil pressure.

The manual over complicates the instructions quite a bit.

The 1.1L of oil is only if you change the oil filter I am pretty. Otherwise i think is .9L if I remember correctly.

So basically this:
Drain right side bolt
Drain bolt from rear of pan
Fill with we oil (I think it said 1.1L if oil filter changed. .9 if no filter change)

Edited by supermega1, January 18, 2013 - 04:54 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jmulhollen

Posted January 18, 2013 - 11:15 PM

Thanks. Honestly a dumb question but the manual did mke me feel confused. Changed oil on a hundred things but never felt like I was questioning the proce

• mikewrf18

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:49 AM

I always check for oil pressure at the check bolt after an oil change. Takes under a minute to know that the oil is getting to where it needs to go for piece of mind. Maybe I'm just a bit OCD though! LOL

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.