2004 WR450's--where are they

9 replies to this topic
  • dakota450

Posted November 20, 2003 - 07:26 PM

this is probably a stupid question since I already own an 03 KTM 450exc and am not buying a Yam. but where are the 04 WR450's? I was going to buy an 03 WR450 until I did a little research and all fingers pointed to the KTM. But now that I own one and am totally dissapointed with the suspension(too damn stiff), I wouldn't mind taking another look at the Yamaha's. Where are they?????????????

• Oouthere

Posted November 20, 2003 - 07:31 PM

Good question. I'm waiting on mine to arrive. I called the dealer today but still no expected arrival date even though the WR250F is on on the showroom floor.

Rich

• TETONSUNRISE

Posted November 20, 2003 - 07:34 PM

I keep replying to these "Where are they posts?", because I am impatiently waiting--since ordering last March. Not a stupid question, where are they? Anybody received anything close to me?

• Oouthere

Posted November 20, 2003 - 07:47 PM

Teton, you have been waiting a long time......sometime the dark side calls me while waiting....DRZ400E.....DRZ400E....

Rich

• 5spoke

Posted November 20, 2003 - 08:44 PM

Put a deposit down on a 04 wr450f 2 days ago and will pick it up after thanksgiving, only cause I don't have time to pick it up before then.

Dang, the weather has been so perfect here and I can't go pick it up. I bet when I do I'll never get another chance to ride it this year. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Greg_C

Posted November 21, 2003 - 11:04 AM

5spoke, If you only put a deposit down 2 days ago why have you been all over the Where are they posts for the last month or so? :)

• kcracing

Posted November 21, 2003 - 01:25 PM

Dakota450,
If you don't mind me asking, what did you have to give for it????

• wardirt1

Posted November 21, 2003 - 02:45 PM

My dealer called me today and PROMISED it would be in my hands Monday ($5800 OTD)so far, it is 2 weeks late.

• 5spoke

Posted November 21, 2003 - 09:17 PM

5spoke, If you only put a deposit down 2 days ago why have you been all over the Where are they posts for the last month or so? :D

I wouldn't ever buy something that isn't physically available at a dealership, or shop. It doesn't make any sense. I can't believe people put money down so far in advance. There will always be someone that will sell you a bike or anything else if you have the money. I don't believe in the 6-month deposit crap. If you have the money why put a deposit down. When you show up with the money in hand, why would anyone refuse to sell you something they can make money from?

I didn't necessarily want to be the first to get the bike. I could of waited longer if nothing was available. I was trying to find out when they were available and where so I could start calling around and negotiating. How do you negotiate on something that doesn't exist? You don't, that's why I pay $5500 otd and others $7000 plus.

Cheers :)

• 5spoke

Posted November 21, 2003 - 09:26 PM

I'll post a pic of my bike when I pick it up the week after TG.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.