02 ADR WR462 Lighting circuit question

3 replies to this topic
  • sp0rk

Posted January 15, 2013 - 10:47 PM

Hi All,
I've got an Aussie 02 WR426, just bringing it back to road legal spec, and I don't seem to be getting any power to the lighting circuit
I've tracked it down to a black wire coming out of the top of the CDI, and a Yellow wire coming down from the left hand switch gear (light switches)
the WR426 manual shows a yellow wire coming back form the CDI, but on the back It's black
Just wondering if anyone knows if these two wires should be connected together
last thing, the black wire has a male bullet connector on it and the yellow has a female terminal, so these makes me think even more they go together

also the attached schematic shows the circuit i'm talking about
what are the things outlined in red?

Attached Thumbnails

• OH GOD DO THEY GO.png

Edited by sp0rk, January 15, 2013 - 10:48 PM.

• sp0rk

Posted January 16, 2013 - 01:52 AM

Never mind, i took the plunge and joined the yellow and black wire
everything works as they should now (except the horn sounds like a sick frog)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted January 16, 2013 - 02:37 AM

Horns get that way from not being used. It's usually corrosion, and can sometimes be cleaned and your horn will return to normal.

• sp0rk

Posted January 16, 2013 - 11:06 PM

It's a brand new horn
i put it down to being an AC circuit

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.