2007 wr450 valve cover re-install how to

1 reply to this topic
  • Sycamore

Posted January 14, 2013 - 08:24 PM

I was able to take the valve cover off from the right side of the motor, reasonably easy. I checked the valves and tried to put the cover back on a I just cant seem to get it. Trying from the left side does get me far either. The frame seems to be in the way no matter which way I go. What's the secret? HELP :cry: :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sycamore

Posted January 14, 2013 - 08:59 PM

figured it out. Do it from the right side and angle it in and go as far back (towards the back of the bike) and do the left rear corner (chain gear) first. You get that in and your gold. Stupid design if you ask me. :thumbsdn:

Edited by Sycamore, January 14, 2013 - 09:08 PM.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.