Gray Wire Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Everyone,

Here is a video of how I removed the gray wire from my 2006 WR250. Hope it helps someone out there. Let me know what you think.

Jeremy

Here are some other videos as well:

Air Box Mod

Fuel Screw Replacement:

Oil Change Part 1:

AIS Removal:

Oil Change Part 2:

• Like 3

I am not sure why the oil change won't play for you, I just tried it and it played on my computer. If the link won't work for you; You can also click on any of the other videos and then click on the "more from this user" tab to the right of the video. That should work hopefully. As for if these mods will work for a YZ, you don't have an AIS system or gray wire so you don't need to worry about those. The fuel screw is a good idea for any bike. The air box is one of those mods that people argue about whether it is worth it or not. Well I have two WRs and the one does not have the air box done and they definately feel different. When you ride them back to back the one with the air box mod feels like it has more power. I didn't feel like there was any downside to the mod and it didn't take very long to do, if you ride through a lot of really deep water you might want to skip it.

Jeremy

wow dude are these all the free mods and can they be used on the yz250f also.

Fuel screw: yes

AP: yes

Grey wire: no

Sky blue wire: no

AIS: no

ACV: no

Exh. insert: no

Airbox: kind of

Swingarm chain guard: yes

(put weatherstripping under the plastic chain guard so it doesn't grind your swingarm away)

The air box is one of those mods that people argue about whether it is worth it or not. Well I have two WRs and the one does not have the air box done and they definately feel different. When you ride them back to back the one with the air box mod feels like it has more power. I didn't feel like there was any downside to the mod and it didn't take very long to do, if you ride through a lot of really deep water you might want to skip it.

Jeremy

wow i didnt think doing that air box mod would actually make a difference. i just did it to my bike but i havent even started it up yet. did you rejet your bike when you did this mod?

again - fantastic stuff. Needs to be a sticky!!

Jeremy - what would it take for you do do a Valve adjustment video? I would send a little cash for a copy of that.

Great job and thank you for your hard work on these projects. It is very helpful!

best

Johney

Hey Everyone,

I am so glad to see that the videos have been helpful. I plan on making more when I get the time. As for the Air box mod I did not have to re-jet after that one, but I think that also depends on how spot on you jetting was to begin with, I think my bike needed more air so when I did the mod the jetting seemed right on. As far as the valves I will probably get there and thanks for the $ offer but I think I will stick to keeping them free, that way I don't have any pressure to produce. The vavle check vid is pretty good on the hotcams site which is the link above. There have been almost 4000 views of the videos, it is amazing to me that so many people have checked them out. Anyway, I will try and make more but for some reason my boss still wants me to get what he calls "real work" done. With all of this wrenching don't forget to go out and ride!!!

Jeremy

AND THANKS FOR ALL THE GAS!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...