Step Seat

I added the picture of my stepped seat to the my garage section. I built this using the foam from Home Depot. I bought the stuff intended for gardening use. It was one of the pads that a person uses to protect their knees. One pad is 3 bucks and would make several seats. No worries about if sliding off. I used the 3m "Gorilla snot" to hold it in place. The glue is far stronger than the foam.

If you click on "My garage" the seat is photo numbe rtwo.

Shaping??? Use 80 grit sandpaper. It sands FAST. Dirty, but easy. Make the rough cut with a hacksaw. Seriously, I had wanted the guts kit. 80 bucks is great pay for doing this. Total time was a little over an hour total. I glued the foam last nite.

Set the hump on the seat about 1 inch behind your normal position to start. It is smarter to ride the bike and finalize th eseat before attaching the cover. Obviously, I did not do this and had to open it up again because I set the hump too far foreward.

If the garage does not work, send an e mail to jamesc4085@msn.com and I will foreward a better picture.

I have covered 5-6 seats in my entire life. This is no big deal, I promise.

Thanks! Going to do it today, but I think I may go the route of factory kawasaki and just to the small hump like on JS's bike. I don't know if my seat over would reach the other way!

I will see how it goes and post my results. I had been trying to source out a cheap foam alternative, this sounds like the stuff. Maybe I will make a tutorial with pics.

Yeah seat covers are no big deal, I'm a pro at that by now, I just need to make sure the cover will still fit. :applause:

Did you start with a new cover and then trim, or did you just use the stock cover?

I had a new cover that cam ewith my one industries decal kit. The hump might work well also.

The foam is a sure thing. Its almost identical to the original seat foam. Both in feel and consistency.

To do it over again, I woudl temporarily duct tape the hump to the seat. This would allow someone to get it right the first time.

As for riding, its cool. I tend to get REALLY lazy while riding. My wrists also have screws and pins in them. I can go twce as many laps***** before getting arm pump with the hump in.

*****This is not bragging...were talking about 4 laps instead of 2. Very similar to the 4 out of 5 dentists surveyed prefering sugarless gum for their patients who chew gum.