Anyone have photos of their 06 w/Clarke or IMS tanks?

• 11 months later...

Here's a modification I did to clean up the dual petcock installation on the '06's. At first, I had it connected with a angled T fitting, like this:

33413493771.jpg

To eliminate the T, I bought a 5/16" inverted flare to hose fitting like this one. The extension that the hose slides onto needs to look like this, and not like those you find that have multiple barbs on them. Try to get one as near to .312" diameter at the shank of the extension as you can.

30820444077.jpg

Cut the extension off flush with the hex, file it square if needed, and chamfer the cut end until it's smooth and uniform. Now, you will need to push this into the round precast blank outlet pocket in the petcock body opposite the existing outlet tube. It is important to use a piece of tubing, a socket, or a combination of washers, or whatever over the existing tube so that the pressure is put on the body, and not on the existing tube. Otherwise, the existing tube will be driven into the petcock body. I used a vise as a press for this operation.

Push the new tube in until you feel it bottom in the precast pocket. You must push it in squarely, or it may not seal. Once in place, use the largest drill that will fit freely down the new tube, and carefully drill through the blanked off outlet port into the center of the petcock body. Remove all chips thoroughly. When you're done, it should look like this:

30820443958.jpg

In order to do that, the left side cock with the two outlets would need to be made differently so that it shut both the ports off individually, instead of closing the port that leads into them.

Besides, having a valve on both sides allows you to remove the fuel tank for service with having to drain it or find a way to clamp off the hose from an elbow.

WB450

Is that the stock petcock? Love the way it looks, should get mine next week.

No sir, it's a petcock for a 05. There are a few that point the right way, for $20, it was worth it to me.

Maybe it's a 04, go to the dealer and ask to look at one.

• 2 years later...