I've used Amsoil since I got my bike new in

11/2004. I run it HARD and frequently change

the oil. I've checked the valves twice & both

times everything checks good. The motor

internals look new with no wear. The bikes a

04 yzf450. I recently installed a Rekluse & it

works perfectly, I couldn't be happier with this

oils performance. It's a little more expensive,

but it's worth the peace of mind to me.....

Hey GRAYRACER513, have you seen this report yet???

Yes, I have. I've also seen some UOA's that corroborate it. That and the GL-1 grading is the main reason I use Amsoil MCF, although if it were not available, I would use Mobil 1 MX4T in its place.

I don't use a Rekluse, and I'm frankly not very familiar with them, but as to their oil recommendations, they may or may not have valid reasons for them. I'm sure they think they do. IMO, the concerns are these:

>That the oil allow the clutch to engage smoothly.

>That the oil is not too slippery, so as to cause the clutch to engage late, or slip.

In both those regards, Amsoil MCF or MCV should be fine, especially the latter, since it's a JASO MA oil. It will retain its viscosity better than Rotella 15w-40, and if it seems to work for you, I'd keep using it.

I don't use a Rekluse, and I'm frankly not very familiar with them, but as to their oil recommendations, they may or may not have valid reasons for them. I'm sure they think they do.

I can't remember there exact reasoning behind the 15W40 recommendation, but it had to do with the clamping pressure on the clutch pack and how smooth the clutch would engauge.

I ran Motorex 10W50 (synthetic) when I first bought my Rekluse and had a few issues with it being jerky on acceleration. I called Rekluse and they told me to change the oil to Rotella or Delo 15W40. I did, and the problem went away.

I wouldn't recommend a synthetic in an autoclutch. Rotella is cheap and it obviously works.

I installed a new GYTR clutch along with the rekluse

and I never have had any problems. The engagement

is smooth and it's not slipping. I pulled it all apart and

all is good. I've had 3 long hard weekends on it and

the rekluse works flawlessly. Amsoil's some good S%$#!

Hey Gray, where do you ride? I ride all over from Clear

Creek to Middle Creek/Stoneyford. I don't see too many

Yamaha's, just a sea of Orange.

? Ok, not real excited on how the Yamalube performed seeing as how that's all I brought with me down here in Mexico. Thanks for posting this though as it does put some real numbers to all of our questions regarding which oil.

I'm pretty sure Amsoil would be tough to get here but I'm going to check on the Mobil 1 MX4T as both it and Amsoil tested similar and great. When I go back for a week in March I will load up on some Amsoil. If I'm buying a years supply, what is the cheapest way to buy it?

http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g2156.pdf

I've used Amsoil since I got my bike new in

11/2004. I run it HARD and frequently change

the oil. I've checked the valves twice & both

times everything checks good. The motor

internals look new with no wear. The bikes a

04 yzf450. I recently installed a Rekluse & it

works perfectly, I couldn't be happier with this

oils performance. It's a little more expensive,

but it's worth the peace of mind to me.....

Hey GRAYRACER513, have you seen this report yet???

So how much does a quart of this elixir cost?

? Ok, not real excited on how the Yamalube performed ...

I'm pretty sure Amsoil would be tough to get here ...If I'm buying a years supply, what is the cheapest way to buy it?

I've said that about Yamalube, but...

If you sign up with Amsoil as a Preferred Customer, you get a 20% or so discount. You can then buy it in cases of 4 1-Gallon bottles (or cases of 12 Quarts for slighty more/qt) at a price that ends up being about $8/qt, including the cost of shipping, and the $20 sign-up cost (assuming two such cases per year). I'm not sure of how much more it would cost to ship direct to Mexico, but if you have an address in the 'States to use, you can have it sent there and haul it down yourself.

So how much does a quart of this elixir cost?
$9 at retail. See above.
Hey Gray, where do you ride? I ride all over from Clear Creek to Middle Creek/Stoneyford. I don't see too many Yamaha's, just a sea of Orange.
San Diego and Imperial County, mostly, and Riverside.

Why not?

According to some UOA's I recently saw, Rotella shears out of grade fairly rapidly. I suspected it would, but I could never be sure without evidence.

I'm not an engineer......but the people at Rekluse are...so I'll take there word for it. If they recommend dino Rotella, then thats what I'll run. ?

Cool thanks Grayracer. I do have a US address so I'll have them ship it to my home in Phoenix.

In the meantime....I thought I remembered you saying somewhere about there being various types of Mobil 1 and that some were better than others. I won't be back to the US to get Amsoil until March (tax season) so I'd like to know what I should look for and avoid regarding Mobil 1 down here in Mexico. It's readily available but is there something on the bottle to look for to make sure it will be best for my bike?

Thanks!