Setting Rear Sag?

I saw a good article in Dirt Rider about setting sag but now I cant find it. Tell me if I'm right and what the measurements should be.

1) measure from spot on fender to center of wheel with bike off the ground

2) Measure same with bike on ground at rest. (difference should be what?)

3) after that number is correct get on bike with gear and measure agian (difference between that number and when bike is on ground should be what?)

Any help would be cool I am going riding this weekend and would love to have it diled in before then. thanks erik

free sag should be right around 30mm.too much free sag means your spring is too stiff where as too little means your spring is too soft.being that you set your sag at 100mm.if your spring is too stiff you have to back the preload way off to achieve the proper sag.this makes the free sag too much since the preload isnt there to hold the bike up.same for to soft of spring.you have to put so much preload on the spring to achieve the proper sag it wont sag any under its weight.

So, that link above suggests sag be set at 4". I've seen other posts where the recommendation is between 3 3/4" and 4". Is this the difference between the unladen bike (bike on stand, rear wheel off the ground) and the bike with a rider standing on pegs with all gear on?

I just did the math, 90 - 95mm equates to approx 3.5 to 3.75 inches.

sag is some what of a personal preference in handleing.90-100 mm is the range.i run 100mm becuase the rm shock shaft i use is 5mm longer thus making the bike truna little quick for me.more sag equals slower steering.less equals quicker steering.race sag is the difference between bike on stand and rider full gear standing on pegs or sitting if that how they ride.