How to Deal with Armpump
Miscellaneous Motocross Riding Technique
- The most important single thing to keep from having armpump is to do a lot of quality practicing on the bike. Like 3 or 4 days per week and racing on the weekends. Or at least as much riding as you possibly can.
- Next is riding and racing with a smooth riding style, flowing with the bike, working with the bike and not riding tight and fighting the bike.
- Riders who are having arm pump problems should do more cardio and less lifting of weights.
- Don’t do your forearm exercises too hard. You don’t want to make the muscles too tight. Just give them a moderate workout.
- A lot of stretching and massage of the forearms is also good.
- A relaxed mind free of anxiety, stress and tension is also very helpful. Have fun with it and relax as much as possible.
- Ride with a low center of gravity. Use your legs to hold onto the bike as much as possible and relax your arms and hands as much as possible. A lot of riding time allows you to be able to do this.
- Make sure you are using all the proper techniques.
Professional Motocross Trainer
If you're serious about improving your motocross skills, checkout my website for additional tips and training resources.